ANTHRAX : Glass Substitute?

DuctTapedGoat

Local time
9:30 AM
Could glass be so pulverized it becomes mixed with the airborne fuel particulates and treats the entire engine's metallic pores and polishes the entire thing from the inside out?

Not likely as a DAILY substitute, however - burning 2 cups after 5 gallons worth of break in (370mi) might put a potential glass glaze in a certain nook or cranny that was otherwise inhibiting performance.

What do you think?

(The original post left intact, however ANTHRAX is not pulverized glass, it is an organism which produces biologically silica to which nanopulverized glass is added, my intention of the use of the word ANTHRAX for years has been that it simply is pulverized glass. Pardon)

Last edited:
used to be there was a copper-based treatment for compression loss that melted and coated rings & cylinder walls, but that was in the 70s and not sure what's available now

Amazed-cat-gif.gif

used to be there was a copper-based treatment for compression loss that melted and coated rings & cylinder walls, but that was in the 70s and not sure what's available now

I believe it if this line of thought has produced an existing product prior to bringing it up, it seems like an idea that would hold water.

Was it possibly this one? http://www.americantechnology.co.uk/250ml-ametech-restore-oil-engine-restorer--lubricant-26-p.asp
CAN RESTORE ENGINE RESTORER BE USED IN 2 STROKE ENGINES WHERE OIL IS MIXED WITH PETROL?
No, RESTORE Engine Restorer is not formulated for use in 2 stroke engines using a petrol/oil mix, but it can be introduced down the spark-plug hole with the piston half-way down the bore. You can also use RESTORE Engine Restorer in 2 strokes where the oil is contained in a separate reservoir. Most modern scooters (Piaggio, Aprilia, Yamaha, Sym etc.) have a separate oil reservoir and all you do is pour 125ml into a full tank of oil.

Last edited:
not sure, as it doesn't say how it works - what I remember was wax pellets that you stuck onto a stick and thru the plug hole used the stick to mash them onto top of hot piston

not sure, as it doesn't say how it works - what I remember was wax pellets that you stuck onto a stick and thru the plug hole used the stick to mash them onto top of hot piston
Oh wow that's a whole different thing - sounds awesome!

I'm going to attack the internet with some GoogleFu and see if I can track down what youre talking about

Pouring a can of liquid gooooo._into your gas tank to fix the medal insode your engines metal imperfection is snake oil if he ask me
Hard to say... In older automobiles leaded fuel was used because the valves in 4 stroke motors would form microwelds with the bed of the valve opening. The lead solved the issue by coating the surface with a super thin layer of lead, preventing the destructive microwelding of the steel parts..

In turn I suppose a soft enough metal like copper could be burnished into the deeper sections of the microscopic imperfections and lead to better sealing...

Then again why do you want metal where your oil should be...

Back