anti theft?

look up nicola teslas original patents for this device. see what he says it can be used for.

You can't stop them

Listen, I've been riding bicycles for the better part of 40 years and I can tell you that if they really want it, you'll never stop them. However, you can do quite a few things to make the theft less convenient for them. I never ride anything that looks like much. I always put a cable lock on it (cable locks are not easy to cut with bolt cutters - just saws). I like to park my bike right in plain sight of the front door of the building in front of God and everybody. Usually there's a convenient sign post out there. That way, whatever they're planning on doing, they'll have to be in plain sight doing it. Now that I've added a motor, I'm thinking about something to lock the clutch and/or the ignition. And that custom-made deal that somebody else posted about that locks the forks would be very good. I'll tinker . . .

:Most bike thefts are thefts of convenince. As a child lost a bike from my driveway becase some ahole didnt want to walk home. and a moron didnt lock the bike up(me). The other thefts fall into the theft for profit, those are the ones you cannot completly stop. You can slow them down, and make it alittle harder.
On a normal bike anti theft can be as limple as a lock and chainor cable, and removing the seat and taking it with you.
If you ride somthing more exotic(like my ) you may have to grt more creative.
What im planing to do is
1. instal an ignition key switch.
2.chein and lock.
3.a padlock holding the brake handel down.

I would take the seat with me but it is welded to the frame.
:D

I think the best anti-theft is eyes don't take them off it:D I know had a MB stolen out of my yard a couple of weeks ago thanks to small comunity and good friends we got it back in 2 days un harmed amazing. And it was my fault for leaving it out were the tweakers could get to it I allways take it inside but that night i needed space inside to work on the other bike and left it outside after dark:rolleyes: so it was easy for him. locks and chains work to a point but if someone realy wants it it just takes a snip from the bolt cutters and you can pick it up and walk away.:rolleyes: so is realy any thing you can do.?

On my trip last year I used a motion alarm for when I went to sleep at night. The wind did not bother it, but if you moved the bike, the alarm would go off. It was crazy loud. I used it in conjunction with a cable lock, and it worked fine.

Maybe, someone will come out with a really loud alarm that, after a second, will flash a strobe light. The sound attracts the thief's attention and he looks at the alarm, then the strobe fires & blinds him temporarily!

Back