Any Alternatives?????

Tommy Griffin

Local time
1:34 AM
Ok , So I have weinman 12 gauge spoke wheel with a 1 jnch hub and hub adapter sprokcet . Cant seem to get the hub adapter to stop moving and clamp down i to place . I have used loctight and the size is correct and i tightened it down to the point I began to strip the hardened allen bolts. I tried again last night and im ginna test it again tommorow . If it moves again im gonna go with a wheek that tne sprockwt can bolt right on to . I found this rear disk brake freewheel . I know i would need some grade allen bolts , I have a sprocket already . Is there any alternatives to this wheel ? Any other disk brake rear wheels that will hold up ? Anywhere I can buy just a rear mag wheel ?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 112
have you tried putting pieces of wire into the bolt holes. I would say two pieces for this need. you do not need to use copper wire; most wires will do. (3:07 in video)

Do you have a hub adapter like this....

29b27g3.png

If so, take an electric hand sander and shave down the two mating surfaces where the two hub pieces clamp together by about 1/2mm on each side (the mating surface marked by the arrows above, not the circular area that press fits on the hub). You will be able to clamp down with some force then.

Do you have a hub adapter like this....
"DO NOT SHAVE" SPROCKET WILL BE OFF CENTER. THOSE HUB ADAPTERS ARE MADE FOR ONE SIZE WHEEL.

29b27g3.png

If so, take an electric hand sander and shave down the two mating surfaces where the two hub pieces clamp together by about 1/2mm on each side (the mating surface marked by the arrows above, not the circular area that press fits on the hub). You will be able to clamp down with some force then.

Back