Any Cool helmets

My friends label this "The Stupid Helmet"

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 287
I dunno if its cool or not but I just bought this helmet on ebay. Hopefully if I get hit by a car it will keep my head nice & pretty for the funeral. ;)

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
what about this beauty,

if nothing else am sure the cops would pull you over...

scroll down and have a look at the bell drifter metzger replica.

http://www.thebellstore.com/Helmets/drifter.html

THE PERFECT ATTENTION SEEKERS LID..

On a more serious side after reading this i will probably end up getting one of these lids as it certainly makes sense. My current lid is what it is, designed for mountain biking and falling off at alot slower speeds.

Last edited:
That Bell Drifter Metzger replica helmet is way too cool. If I hadn't bought my helmet just the other day I would have considered that one. As it is, I bought this off eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...STRK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=140145804392&rd=1
As my Whizzer is looking more like a police bike (black frame and tank, off-white fenders) I thought a helmet that looks like it's straight from the show CHiPs would be perfect for it. BTW, I'll be posting pics of the Whizzer once all the cosmetic mods are finished.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
This is what I wear.

http://www.motodirect.com/servlet/Detail?no=96

I'm all for freedom of choice on the matter, but the simple fact is this- until someone can explain to me how not wearing a helmet is actually, provably safer- I will wear one. You can talk about no statistical difference here or there- but I am not interested in statistics- I am more interested in what is between my head and the ground.

So my worry-wort mother wants me to wear a helmet for neighborhood crusing. Do you guys know of any cool motorcycle helemts that won't look HUGE on my teenage head (although it's quite large :D )

I want one that looks good, protects my melon and circulates air well.

Any ideas? P.S. she said she'd pay for it...no matter the cost! Im broke from buying the engine :(

If you find one let me know. My melon is a little bigger too. Most bike helmets and hard hats sit too high on my head. Like a dunce doilie. I agree about the mx helmets style helmets. They offer better protection but lack in venting though.

I recently got a Bell Citi. It's kindof mx style but with more vents. I would not recommend the Citi if your melon is above average size (whatever that is) like mine. There are other helmets out there that are bike racer / mx hybrid like the Bell Citi.

Since Mom if footing the bill, I'd go to local shops that have good helmets and try them on. That's the only way you'll find one that fits right.

Michael

Last edited:
I dunno if its cool or not but I just bought this helmet on ebay. Hopefully if I get hit by a car it will keep my head nice & pretty for the funeral. ;)

That seems like a great helmet. Have you found anything that is a 3/4 version or similar to that?

Michael

Dot approved,light weight and a good price. This is what I would buy for myself
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...Id-100000401468/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000401468

....the laws here don't require a helmet when riding a motorcycle but I THINK you need a helmet when riding a bicycle.....naw. That can't be.

Anyway,I've been riding a lot more lately than my car and far far from home,Dawgs.
Maybe I really should pull some money aside and get this.
Money is just so tight...but I need my head,yo.

Dot approved,light weight and a good price. This is what I would buy for myself
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...Id-100000401468/Pr-p_CATENTRY_ID:100000401468

....the laws here don't require a helmet when riding a motorcycle but I THINK you need a helmet when riding a bicycle.....naw. That can't be.

Anyway,I've been riding a lot more lately than my car and far far from home,Dawgs.
Maybe I really should pull some money aside and get this.
Money is just so tight...but I need my head,yo.

Bean there...and agree I've come to a point thought where it's time to wrap the melon.

So far I've never lost it or wrecked on the bicycle. However twice I in all the miles and experience I did lay a motorcycle down. It's amazing how slow-mo it happens. The first time it happened I happened to be wearing all my gear beacuse it was cold out. Rare. Gloves, helmet, armored jacket, it was a slow corner too.

I remember that slow-mo vision of me sliding down the road on my back watching my bike sliding on it's side 15 feet ahead of me.

After I collected myself and unwedged my 850 Yahmaha from between 2 parked cars where it came to rest, I realized that while I was sliding on my back across the pavement my head was bouncing across the pavement like a basketball.

That was a relatively slow incident. If it were on a motorized bike it would have been worse and my protective gear would have been much thinner. And my head /body would have been ahead of the bike instead of bouncing down the road behind it as a spectator.

Michael

Last edited:
Back