Any MBc members police officers?

Did you expect a fight or something? Cops are humans, doing a sometimes very nasty job.

I doubt MB's are in the top 10 in many police force's "lists".

certainly not. if you read my previous posts regarding this subject, i said i'd like someone to shed some positive light on MB's...an officer/former officer that rides MB's would've been perfect.

if you also read the posts on the officers forum, you might notice not only the lack of understanding of the laws regarding MB's by officers, but also a lack of understanding towards riders and the reasons we ride them.

example: a member called MASTERGUNNER said:"Ooops! guess i'll get it right next time, i'm gonna try and tow one or two tonight. I guess if i tow a bunch and never hear anything from up top then i must be doing it right, i'll find out one way or another. Thanks"
ok. did you read the part "i'm gonna try and tow one or two tonight"? that clearly shows singling out MB's to harrass, and there's no denying that.
it would have been nice to have somebody post some of the many benefits that MB's give to many good people with no other form of transportation, whatever the reason.

BUT jacylin said it right "Nothing i could say would change their ideas of motorized bikes."

no, but it'd been nice to give it a shot.

certainly not. if you read my previous posts regarding this subject, i said i'd like someone to shed some positive light on MB's...an officer/former officer that rides MB's would've been perfect.

I actually owe you an apology. I misinterpreted that post. Sorry. And I agree the guys at the forum sound scary and just plain "ignorant on purpose".

I agree, it's just a rare thing to find a "MB cop" - maybe with patience and by showing we aren't a bunch of hoodlums, some officers of the law will see the light. Cops in my hood absolutely ignore me. I have no idea why or why not.

I actually owe you an apology. I misinterpreted that post. Sorry. And I agree the guys at the forum sound scary and just plain "ignorant on purpose".

I agree, it's just a rare thing to find a "MB cop" - maybe with patience and by showing we aren't a bunch of hoodlums, some officers of the law will see the light. Cops in my hood absolutely ignore me. I have no idea why or why not.

haha...i'm glad you said that. i was wonderin' how i got to be a burr under yer saddle :LOL:

Just print out the law and keep in in your wallet. If they pull you over, just show it to them. There are a finite number of police in the area you would be riding in. If you show the papers to enough of them, you not only educate them, but you give MBers a good name with them. Word will get around.

In N.C., the law is that any motorized two wheel transportation, with an engine of 50cc or less and with a top speed of no more than 30mph, is considered a moped. No license is required, no registration, no title. You can ride on *any* public road, as long as you keep to the right, wear a helmet, and are over 16 years of age. I have a print out of the 'technical' law, and just keep it in my wallet. I've never been pulled over, but I do have police drive by and check it out. In fact, I was dressed as Michael Myers for Halloween, and rode my MB. I had a speaker on the front of the bike, with my Zune attached playing the Halloween theme song over and over. I would creep up behind people, and fire up the engine. People would jump out of their skin. The police saw me, and just smiled and kept going.

I also train in MMA (Mixed Martial Arts), and there are alot of cops there. They are just normal people, and the good news is I can beat on them without fear of jail time. LOL. :D

Last edited:
Wipping tear from eye, I almost feel bad for calling them traffic Nazi's now...hahaha

Joe, thanks alot for extending the olive branch.

I do mostly agree with these guy's in stating we are unfairly targeted. What would you rather do? Have kids on your block building MB's or hidding out smoking crack? The general public must get thier heads out of thier ****. Most have no idea what goes on out there (including some Law enforcement)! When the MB'r conducts themself like an idiot, then the cops should nail 'em.

I'm glad Joe has a level head but there are some cops out there that think they are putting on a supper hero uniform and that they are untouchable.

Truth be told, I've got several good friends who are Law enforcement. Many were impressed at the HT kit. Most can't answer my Q's about legallity. Like any walk of life you get good with the bad. It's all in respect (earned, not just given). I honestly believe what the Bible says is true.

I tend to feel your pain. I don't know about the rest of the country but in NY, ever since 9-11, the state has felt the need to triple the number of state troopers.

I don't completely blame the cops but they seem to have nothing better to do than harrass people about seatbelts and the length of their mudflaps (I was pulled over for having too short a mudflap on my truck?).

And I heard in the news that the state legislature passed a ruling now that if an officer pulls you over, they have to give you the ticket. No more warnings.

As I said, they haven't bothered me about my bikes. But from my experience with them, it's just a matter of time.

Back