Any news on a NEW Honda GX50???

I'd like to get one too but since I got a Grubee 144f the honda can wait till a couple of summers hopefully, maybe the price will come down also from the new introduction period.

I wish I would have bought a GXH50 back when they were $279 at SEW and didn't come with the low oil sensor. That stupid thing added like $40 to the price ~early 2010. They've steadily crept up in price since.

Does the gx35 , gx31 and gx25 come with one piece cylinder/head combos like the gxh50 and huashengs do? I hope the gx50 has a removable head, but something tells me no. Honda is all about reliability, and removing the chance for a blown head gasket makes it a lil more reliable... but so much more of a pain in the ass for folks that want to port or increase valve size.

Honda is pulling out of motorsports and the CR and XR's are just about the only performance things they make afaik,, they even showed a preview of the lawnmower you don't change oil on! no oil drain but you still could. they only want reliability and forget ppl that buy utility engines for things like minibikes, karts and the like.
I spent the 380 i was saving for a gx50 on 2 stroke parts lol

I wish there were more mods for these engines. If I go 1 step larger with 4 strokes above my hs144-f I will be tossed into the modified class with much stronger engines. So if I want to stay in my class I have to find what mods I can to bump my current engine up, what little I can. I added maybe 25% more rpm and made it breath much better, enough that I needed to drill out the main jet 3 sizes. Since I got my new sbp air filter, think I can step is up 1 more size. My poor mpg has gone from around 115 mpg to maybe 80 mpg if I am nice, but that's rare. I normally get around 65 mpg, my right hand can't help itself.... it has it's own mind.

non-removable head, right? not sure how much piston clearance there is but there's a few tricks for extra power or speed you can do at the track. i used to drag race, brackets, and learned stuff from the old schoolers.
take a half gal milk jug or a littler one and cut a hole for the inlet of your carb without air filter. wire the handle to something to support the weight, tape the jug to your carb. fill it little less than half way with ice, like 2". leave cap off and even maybe cut couple dime size holes just below ice line. carb now draws cold air for a denser charge. go up 1 more jet size. paint jug flat black so you don't draw attention or giveaway your trick. stealthier is pop couple cubes in the stock airbox but make sure it can breath and drain

you can also put more air in the tires.
I don't know if there's more free bike or 144f mods bcs it kinda takes $ to go fast. look up "Free or Cheap Performance Mods for Racing" on YouTube

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back