Any news on a NEW Honda GX50???

At work we use a mounting plate for a gear reduction motor to mount it horizontally. It's jobbed out we don't make it. It has 2 thick plates and a triangle for reinforcement. Just thinking about it makes me wonder if it would be an exact fit. The 4 mounting holes seem the same and the mounting slots for the flat plate. Need to measure for the inframe applications.

I want to see the underside of this engine's bare block with no tank or shrouds. Something tells me there are no mounting points. I hate engines that mount at the same spot as their engine output. It doubles the stress at that junction.
All these kind of motors have 4 mounting bolts on the bottom.
You can see 2 of them in this pic.

Don't buy this engine on Feebay. What you do is this.............

The company behind the ebay listing is AllPro mower and equipment. Here is there info.........

www.Allpro92530.com 2nd Generation Small Business in Southern California. Over 40 years experience in Outdoor Power Equipment, Parts and Tools. Make us your #1 Choice (951) 286 0093 Email: AllproEngine@gmail.com

Call them or email them and tell them you want the GX50 engine but would like to buy it from them without the ebay fees. The ebay fees come to around $35.00. So tell them to sell it to you without going thru ebay and you can save $35.00 and get it for about $315.00 shipped.

Pay with a CC and not a debit card so you have some protection against loss or damages. Ebay does offer that in spades for their fees. Good tip Bonefish, thanks.

Bought the new GX50($297+shipping) a few days ago to supplement my GX35.
Just mounted it to my Giant Talon with a Staton friction drive(1.34" roller) today.
Got it up to @ 35mph. It definitely has a bit more torque than its little brother. Hopefully once it's broken in, it'll go a bit faster.
20191005_152556.jpg
20191005_172810.jpg
20191005_172840.jpg
20191005_172724.jpg
Screenshot_20191006-001936_MapMyRide.jpg

Last edited:
Bought the new GX50($297+shipping) a few days ago to supplement my GX35.
Just mounted it to my Giant Talon with a Staton friction drive(1.34" roller) today.
Got it up to @ 35mph. It definitely has a bit more torque than its little brother. Hopefully once it's broken in, it'll go a bit faster.
Awesome.
1.34" roller at 35mph is 8800 rpm so you will be over revving to go faster.
I think the redline was 8500 on the Honda website.
1.5" roller at 39.3 mph is 8800 rpm

WOW, been waiting for a wassup on this motor. It's exactly as I expected, the perfect MAB FD motor. Looks like they used a longer stroke to achieve the 48cc's from the pics. Heck 30mph makes me happy much less 35mph. I have that exact same roller size and am happy with your results. Thanks for the pics comparing it side by side with the 35cc. Gives us some perspective on the 2 vs each other. Ever since they killed the 49cc HS with the rev limited system I was so disappointed with just 21mph that I almost gave up on MAB's. Thank the powers that be for the Grubee 53cc and now this. I'm going to get one of those f***ers sooner rather than later, just not today. Thanks Cavity for the headsup. How does the Honda 50 do on hills with your 1.34in roller? Staton doesn't list a 1.5in roller but he might be able to custom make one for you, he has a machine shop there after all, call and ask.

Back