Any news on a NEW Honda GX50???

Now see im not nuts. Well not totally.
I am trying to get a answer from HONDA.
I WILL REPORT BACK.

Doesn’t look like they’re for sale yet. Looks perfect for staton or GEBE kits. More power than the 35 but not having to go to a zenoah or something if you wanted more power.

With that motor I have 1 gas bike build to do. I like the compactness of the motor. Finally a perfect MAB motor, quiet, powerful enough and reliable. I'm going to guess in the $300 range for one since the 35 can be had for $230 or so. I'm excited about this.

Quite some time ago I vaguely remember that Honda contacted Staton-Inc and recommended that they not use Honda engines on motorized bicycle kits, and if I remember correctly, I think David Staton for a time stopped selling Hondas with their kits. At any rate, I don't think the new Honda GX50 will be: manufactured in Japan like the GXH50 and be better-built than the bullet-proof GHX50. I think a 49cc or 50cc engine is too powerful for either the belt, the clutch bell or the engine mount on the extremely reliable GEBE system.

Last edited:
Yep Zean, I remember that too. We had thought it was a bit ironic that Honda, who pretty much started out building motorized bicycles, would not recommend using their utility engines on them despite their engines being quite good in that application. But in this day and age of accountability and insurance rates, every business has to cover their hiney or get bitten by the Sue Monster, heh.

and like Darwin, I thought this thread was false news at first, but I'm glad it's actually a thing!

I (for one,) welcome our new small-engine (overlords) :D

I am using a 49cc 2 stroke with the GEBE kit. Don’t think it’s too much power for it. Clutch is made in US after all. True fact there is an engine called the Kasei and it’s 63cc but 76mm clutch. 38mph with auto clutch and friction drive. Found a youtuber was using one (motorbikes by Jason). I am having a lovely day on the couch with a stomach flu. Haven’t been this sick in years. Nasty little bug. My sister and her family had it, my aunt and uncle and I think my mom gave me it. Joyous

I am using a 49cc 2 stroke with the GEBE kit. Don’t think it’s too much power for it. Clutch is made in US after all. True fact there is an engine called the Kasei and it’s 63cc but 76mm clutch. 38mph with auto clutch and friction drive. Found a youtuber was using one (motorbikes by Jason). I am having a lovely day on the couch with a stomach flu. Haven’t been this sick in years. Nasty little bug. My sister and her family had it, my aunt and uncle and I think my mom gave me it. Joyous

Had a stomache bug last month. Hope ya get better soon bro!

Back