Any news on a NEW Honda GX50???

Huasheng will have one out within a week of it's release. I noticed this one is also a 48(47.923)cc, not 49(49.402)cc like the gxh50, so now i understand the .5 hp drop from the gxh50. I already expected slightly less torque because of the smaller stroke, but that gives a safer high rpm, less piston speed.

Last edited:
Gonna make a master tonic and see if it does anything apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup garlic, 2 habaneros, 2 jalapenos, 1/2 red onion 1/4 cup ginger root, 1-2 ounces turmeric, 1/4 cup grated horseradish. YouTube recipe

Huasheng will have one out within a week of it's release. I noticed this one is also a 48cc (47.923), not 49 like the gxh50, so now i understand the .5 hp drop from the gxh50. I already expected slightly less torque because of the smaller stroke, but that gives a safer high rpm, less piston speed.
They’ll copy it that fast? I know they already make a 38cc. It says it will be lighter than the gx31. Right now I’m just thinking about summer. Ice cream, no freezing white powder, mowing the lawn. VEGETATION... lol gonna be 50 degrees for the weekend and then 30’s again.

I'm wondering if there will be a way to spool this engine above 10k rpm. The more over square an engine is, the less torque it produces compared to similar displacement and compression engines. Then again, it can rev much much higher than an engine closer to square, or especially an under square engine (notice how stroked engines don't rev as high as bored engines of the same block?). So it will produce its hp in a higher rpm than the other. Looking at the torque and hp curves of both the gxh50 and gx50, The gxh has a narrow torque band that peaks higher, but the gx50 has a much more usable torque band that stretches at least 3k rpm. I am getting more and more interested in this engine as I delve into it.

Standard GXH50 has always been 2.1HP @ 7000RPM. HS49 (142F I'm referencing) power figures are almost always inflated. They have less compression, sloppier engine tolerances, and an inferior con rod than the engines they are cloned from. Performance upgrades are extremely limited because there isn't a removable cylinder head and the whole thing is splash lubed anyway. If you raise the the spring compression to eliminate valve float, you end up wearing out the plastic camshaft quicker. Extended 8+K RPM running will "bronze" and then shatter the con rod. For the money tho, the clone is awesome. The Honda cost over twice as much, but it's not twice as good.

This new one is overhead cam, so hopefully we get a real metal camshaft and a nicer oiling system. Funny thing about some of the small clones is that they are pushrod and not OHC and often have the smaller displacement of older Honda engines (HS31 vs GX35). The GX35 is, IMHO, an amazing engine. It's quiet, compact and actually has quite a broad powerband. It also has a superior oiling system and therefore higher angle-of-operation.

I have an old Mongoose full-suspension MTB that I've been thinking about building a rackmount with..I'll be eyeballing this hard!

New GX50 will be right there w/the GXH50 in power and half the size in height. 2hp vs 2.1, can't wait unless it comes w/a $500 or other outrageous price.

$359 +/- some sites have them now, like nrracing. Honda says 1.97hp @7000, weighs 10.4lbs

edit: Honda dealer network are the first to get them. but now resellers have a very few. they are trickling out

should look like this. it replaces the GXH in the lineup so they need update the images

Back