Any news on a NEW Honda GX50???

I called Grainger and they said they can't get the new 50 in yet and everyone calls the gxh "gx50" since ever but they will be sure to make the distinction when they are available...
so we're still waiting I guess. sheesh

in the press release, it's supposed to be 360 degree mounting, so that'd have to be oil pressurized + the splash. for mb's i think it means it'll be good for suping it up. if I need a little motor I'll get 1

That motor is half as tall as the GXH 50 including fuel tanks.

it replaces the GXH in the lineup so they need update the images

Where did you read that this is replacing the GXH50? AFAIK, this engine is an expansion of the GX lineup.

Edit: I see you are going from nrracing, it's a typo on their part.

That motor is half as tall as the GXH 50 including fuel tanks.

How did you come up with that figure?

Remove the tank from the GXH50 and it's slightly under 10" tall. My 5/8" shaft Huasheng measures under 10" from base to valve cover.

$359? grumble grumble grumble...It's prolly worth it LOL

Last edited:
yeah figure what you have in say, 4 years for guys who wanna convert from CG engine, with replace rebuild replace all the cheap stuff and for $360-400 up front do nothing else to it for like... ever lol. they say a stock Honda is the most reliable thing on the planet

Where did you get that price from Aleman? I see your height figures there but that's not the whole story. Anyone that's hooked up a gx35 to a friction drive will have to say that it's way smaller than the GXH50 or the HS49cc. The top gas tank on the 50s might be the issue alone, I dunno but the 50s have a huge footprint vs the 35cc. I don't have any motors in hand to compare but my memory serves me well. Can't argue with your source but something is fishy...……………………………………………...half the size might be a slight exaggeration but.

The price was from JerboaJohn's post about nrracing.com having the engine, but now that I have actually checked, they are just listing the GXH50 at $359. It says 5/8" shaft, folks, that's going to be the key difference between GXH50 and GX50! I still haven't actually seen a price or the engine for sale yet, we're all anxious!

Darwin, you're right about the GX being considerably more compact when bolted to a rackmount, because the GXH has that big base on it and the GXH50, having the 5'8" keyed shaft, actually needs some kind of adapter bolted to it for the 76MM mounts. The tapered-shaft HS49 and HS53 don't need that adapter, but they are considerably wider, especially the HS53 with it's thicker fan housing for it's 12v genny. They do hang out far. The large mounting base at the bottom of those engines makes them appear much larger than the GX35, but they aren't really that bad. I do think the GXH-style looks goofy on a rackmount tho LOL

I'm betting this new GX will have a better powerband, slightly more compact footprint, and weigh a lil bit less than GXH.

It should be perfect for the gebe belt drive kit. I really like mine so far and I’ve only been running it 3 days. But once again there’s 3 inches of snow outside grumble. Not sure about the shaft or whatever but if it comes with 76mm clutch attached should work. I think the kit without motor might be worth it brand new. I got mine used with the Subaru for $350. I think someone said the gx50 would be too powerful for the gebe kit, or maybe it was the gxh? Old guys don’t like to go fast though heh heh.

Back