Any news on a NEW Honda GX50???

yeah figure what you have in say, 4 years for guys who wanna convert from CG engine, with replace rebuild replace all the cheap stuff and for $360-400 up front do nothing else to it for like... ever lol. they say a stock Honda is the most reliable thing on the planet
yeah a lot of times I’ll try to persuade noobies or people having a lot of kit engine problems to go for something with centrifugal clutch and Japanese but they say a combo of things like “I’m broke” or “I like 2 strokes”. Sometimes they just don’t like the motor being behind them instead of in the frame. Some people don’t even know the American made kits exist. Not going back to 2 stroke unless it’s an old mitsu or something. I’ll try that 2 stroke clone I have and if it blows I won’t care. They’re $130 on monster scooter.

nrracing.com quoted me 359 each, saying it was the GX50, $10 off if I buy 2. but their pic shows the gxh50. they also don't give any specs, that they'd have to get back to me. another agriculture dealer in AU says they have them directly from Honda but also they don't have the Honda supplied pics and specs..
wonder if ppl are getting duped buying a 50cc Honda engine thinking it's the new GX but get GXH. I won't get one until someone here has it on their ride n posts pics

Like I said - if you're trying to get a GX50 from a dealer who claims to have them, make sure it does NOT have the 5/8" shaft. It should have the 76MM clutch setup.

The GXH50 has a 5/8" keyed shaft and does not come with a clutch. There are some HS49 the same way.

I called the dealer/wholesaler for the rocky mountain region and they said later in the summer they should be out.

I called about 4-5 places none of them heard of it or said they don’t sell engines by themselves. Honda claims they’re available nationwide but I don’t think that’s the case.

probly bcs the dealers need to sell down the older 50's before they can get the new stuff

actually that should make the gxh cheaper but you know that won't happen 😕

Depressing but several people I called sounded like they hated their job lol. The GX50 could be a major game changer smaller than the gxh yet about the same power. Might change peoples minds about kit motors and good quality 4 strokes. Chances are they won’t even know it exists until a few years later. More pep than the gx35. Custom pipe, velocity stack would open the new 50 up.

Back