Any Polini Engine Users Here?

5-7HEAVEN

I have had a 6.5hp air-colled Polini engine sitting around for a couple years, waiting for the right drive system to evolve. With the advent of the SBP shift kit and NuVinci and helpful friends, I believe the time is here.

Is anyone using this engine? Unfortunately, this engine's clutch mounting holes is SLIGHTLY different from common 78mm clutch engines. I would love it if this engine could bolt onto the 5:1 pocketbike gearboxes or any vendor's drive housing, but it won't.. Polini's clutch drum bellhousing and 6-tooth sprockets are available for #25 and 8mm chains. HOWEVER, that'd mean that drive sprockets would have to be custom-made 113-tooth items for 18.83:1 gearing.

Who's Out There?

Any finished Polini projects?

Simon A?

Isoxazole?

jg767?

FWIW, Polini bellhousing bolt pattern is slightly off the standard 78mm norm. Also, the clutch drum depth is different.

If you tilt the engine a few degrees in either direction, a custom aluminum bellhousing adaptor plate could be fabbed with the correct pattern and clutch drum depth.:unsure:

Then this powerful engine could be adapted to Staton/BMP/DE, or the generic 5:! scooter gearboxes!:unsure:

yep have a look wild in the streets polini mtb 8 speed mate best motor ive riden on mtb had 4 stroke honda superpocket motor aircooled pocket motor 47cc this thing s..ts on em when revs out trys 2 lift front wheel up feels mad and very snapy fast reving . recomend u do it and smile if u need any advice or info let me no riden with a smile bye

Back