Any problems with the Police in the UK?

Has any other bikers from the UK had much hassle from the police? I'm running a 70cc Happy Time and so far if I see the police i just turn it off and try to cover the fuel tank. Would though do much if i got caught. I am only 16 but I dont ride like an idiot, but of course they dont care how i'm riding just the fact im a teen is enough to get it confiscated! I really want to be able to ride it more instead of just under the radar on a tuesday night while theres no police. So what are your experiences?
I have been riding a 80cc now for over 3 years, go every where on it day or night NEVER BEEN STOPPED! I've gone passed police and they have even gone passed me even had a police officer on a push bike pull up at the side of me and he never said anything just nodded at me. I live in Nottingham UK where they normally moan about anything they can but nothing. Just make sure you have lights it's UK law now!

Has any other bikers from the UK had much hassle from the police? I'm running a 70cc Happy Time and so far if I see the police i just turn it off and try to cover the fuel tank. Would though do much if i got caught. I am only 16 but I dont ride like an idiot, but of course they dont care how i'm riding just the fact im a teen is enough to get it confiscated! I really want to be able to ride it more instead of just under the radar on a tuesday night while theres no police. So what are your experiences?
Topical cyclist breaking the law

The short answer is you arent strictly allowed to do anything.

To be *entirely* legal you need to have a machine that passes the SVA, have a UK driving licence and insurance for the bike.

However provided you are *extremely* careful to respect the rules of the road, you DONT EVER ride on the pavements, nor allow someone else to do so, and keep to safe speeds the police should not bother you.

I have to say that I would prefer that you wait because if something does happen then the police and the 'think of the children' squad will try and stamp on us for no better reason than they can. Right now we are either not noticed or generally ignored. A couple of accidents and this could soon change.

that is the position as it stands at the moment..

Jemma xx
Hello everyone ..can anyone in london help me put this engine on a bicycle..i will pay for the tutorial. 07865377782 alex.

I've just noticed this on the motorised bike wiki page and was wondering if the law had changed? I haven't heard of any new legislation being passed to allow them under 100cc?
Screenshot_20220612-085219_Chrome.jpg

Back