Any suggestions on a reputable site to buy a four stroke motorized bicycle kit

As curt said, the transmission is a bit rough around the edges...literally. The trans cover can snag your pantleg easily. The dax titan supposedly has more power than the Honda gxh50, hs 142f and 144f, not sure if true but he claims that.

As curt said, the transmission is a bit rough around the edges...literally. The trans cover can snag your pantleg easily. The dax titan supposedly has more power than the Honda gxh50, hs 142f and 144f, not sure if true but he claims that.

Yes and he has had that motor for a few years, i think longer then the hs motor has been out, long time anyway................Curt

The titan has a steel sleeve and 3 piston rings, and I heard a longer conrod. So maybe it has higher compression that gives the additional power. But it seems excessive...142f has 1.9hp, 144f has 2hp, gxh50 has 2.5hp but the titan has 3.25hp.

Having reviewed the DAX web site it would seem I have found belatedly another viable 50cc 4stroke engine and trans.
kit. I like the v-belt trans. sort of a low tech Q-Matic.

Longer rod would be more torque, i would have one but just got a gxh 50 just before i seen these..........

And for me it would be belt drive to the rear wheel also, my first bike was a Monark twin and was spoiled ..........Curt

That dax four stroke kit looks a little shoddy from the picture on the website. No specs and the parts look used even in the pic

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171112-173600.png
    Screenshot_20171112-173600.png
    298.9 KB · Views: 207
I would send an email first and make sure he's even still in business.

That KTM 50 clone and pipe would be nice:)

Last edited:
Call 303-459-2780 and ask for Duane, nice guy to talk to...................Curt

Back