Any suggestions on my new build?

Noah C

Local time
3:18 AM
Hello, my name's Noah. I'm 17 and new to the forum. I am currently working on a new motorized bike build. I just ordered a 26" Huffy Rock Creek mtb and it should be here soon. I am planning on saving up to buy a Wildcat PK80 kit. To finish it all off I will install turn signals, mirrors, a Cateye Velo 7 bike computer, a dual brake lever, and a combo gear shifter/ brake lever to retain the front gear system ( I will use the brake lever as a clutch lever). I will then take the lip off the left grip to easily access the left gear shifter. I will also swap the cdi wire for an NGK one I have. Aswell, I will drill a quarter-inch hole in the exhaust cap and air box to slightly improve performance.
The Wildcat PK80 kit already comes with a 41t sprocket, 415H chain, and higher quality parts. Any thoughts/ suggestions for my new build?
4ca7498c-0175-44cb-8b26-68b9c0821638.0190aedbc76a559141734501e518b5d4.jpeg
Screenshot_2023-04-04-08-50-31-092~2.jpg

I like your plans. The brake lever for the clutch is probably not the best idea unless you plan to modify it. You need to be able to lock the clutch back or you will find yourself having to hold it back while you are pedaling, and trust me that will get old fast.

You will have issues with the front mount and the carb. If you can find a frame with a skinny down tube and chainstays that are parallel with the dropouts around the dropouts that will fit the engine like a glove.

I like your plans. The brake lever for the clutch is probably not the best idea unless you plan to modify it. You need to be able to lock the clutch back or you will find yourself having to hold it back while you are pedaling, and trust me that will get old fast.
The stock clutch lever is fine just make sure to sand the inside of the clamp and use either wd40 or rubbing alcohol to help slide it on.

The stock clutch lever is fine just make sure to sand the inside of the clamp and use either wd40 or rubbing alcohol to help slide it on.
The newer kits come with the trigger lock clutch levers, which I hate. If I'm going to use a clutch lever I will get an old-style button lock clutch lever.

The newer kits come with the trigger lock clutch levers, which I hate. If I'm going to use a clutch lever I will get an old-style button lock clutch lever.
Then get one of those. They still sell them and can be found on ebay or Amazon for about 12 bucks.

The trigger locks are nice, but they seem to be very hit or miss on how well they work. The one that came with my Phantom works perfectly.

Back