Any suggestions on my new build?

Hey Noah! I agree with you and the others suggesting a push button clutch lever. MUCH smoother than the lever locking design and inherently more practical. I wiped out one time on my 49cc and bent the aluminum push button. Bent it back and it worked great until the bike was stolen:(-Gearhead437

I have made one with a similar frame that I ride all the time and am making another very similar. The big issue is to get the motor low in the frame and not have the clutch lever hit the down tube. I have had it what I think is perfect but the clutch lever hits the down tube, as you move the motor forward it gets higher and higher.

If you want to have an easy time of it go with an old school frame as was suggested and save yourself some grief.

Here s a picture of mine.

Attachments

• Bike left.jpg
    Bike left.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 57
If you want to have an easy time of it go with an old school frame as was suggested and save yourself some grief.
Very true...That frame you adapted to is NOT motor friendly for a builder...The classic beach cruiser like the Hyper Bike Company beach cruiser is still the best bang for the buck and much easier to deal with when building it with a motor.

Back