Anybody else fly RC Helicopters?

KenM

I have an Align 450 SE That I put a Dominator fuselage . Flys nice!
Lets see what you fly!!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Attachments

Last edited:

Frankenstein

I always wanted to get into this hobby but never picked up the controller.. We've (my mom and I funny enough) also had an rc gas plane that is still not assembled, hell the balsa wood hasn't even been cut into the pieces yet. It's been on a shelf in a closet for nearly 10 years or so, maybe one day we'll build it and somehow fly it.

I should mention that absolutely nothing that flies that I've bought in the past has resisted the urge to crash multiple times until it has broken. My last chance at flying anything at all may be a drone that can at least do half of the flying for me...

Frankenstein

Oh I have an idea... China girl powered rc bicycle, maybe a 20 inch?

Some funky mech to lift it back up? Drop down training wheels for stops lol...

I do vividly remember a really cool rc motorcycle I had when I was young, it really did drive like a motorcycle and you would have to pick it up every time you dropped it on a turn, it had a kind of bumper along the sides close to the wheels that kind of held it up at a stop. It was precarious enough that you had to stop and accelerate carefully or it would tip over since it was just top heavy enough. The turns were pretty large, like a 6 inch motorcycle making 2 foot circles... would be like a 5 foot motorcycle having a minimal turn radius of 10 feet, you'd need a 20 foot wide path just to make a 180 degree turn lol...

Come to think of it this is probably a pretty useless rc toy unless you have a salt field large enough to play with it in, I think on grass you'd be liable to drop it often, and roads are kind of difficult if it's moving so fast that from a stand still position it would be only good for a certain stretch, and following it in a car might be just a bad idea in general, I could see any number of accidents happening due to all the distractions.

Maybe it would still be fun, put a friend on it, if he will let you drive it with him riding that is Hahahahahaaa..

Last edited:

Street Ryderz

I RC anything,

Half way building a trainer plane, not a heli but all the same :)
Flying a heli is not like any other type aircraft do yourself a favor and get Real Flight simulator and try on there first,All my buddy's whom think they are smart and say I can do that,After I'm done laughing at them I tell them you show me a perfect flight from take off to landing on the simulator and I'll let you fly,No one has done it yet but they get a kick out of trying on the simulator and realize real quick how hard it is and how easy a heli can beat it's self to death sometimes without ever leaving the ground.

Stoneman

Flying a heli is not like any other type aircraft do yourself a favor and get Real Flight simulator and try on there first,All my buddy's whom think they are smart and say I can do that,After I'm done laughing at them I tell them you show me a perfect flight from take off to landing on the simulator and I'll let you fly,No one has done it yet but they get a kick out of trying on the simulator and realize real quick how hard it is and how easy a heli can beat it's self to death sometimes without ever leaving the ground.
yeah i have a heli as well

i have a whole hobby room from 3D printers to desk top CNC and what ever else you need in between

i just didn't feel like blowing my trumpet :)

Stoneman

Just wanted to join the conversation as i love RC

when a man gets up and thinks he knows it all its time for him to lay back down.