Anybody heard of these guys?

Mountainman, I got the Jackshaft Roadster (Schwinn Searcher). Yeah you are right, they are a little on the steep side.

Rich, who is the ownwer seemed like a nice guy with a mechanical engineering background. Problem I have is that as much as I would love to, I don't have the time to put one together. I will post my experience with them.

Attachments

• Schwinn_Motorized.jpg
    Schwinn_Motorized.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 296
A little bit pricey, I think buying retail every thing they listed on the that first bike (Schwinn Searcher) is under $600 so $350 in labor is a bit much.

On the other hand $350 could be a bargin. Nice to know they have an actual address. It would be cool to go down to a showroom and see sine bikes.

I really think that is a fair price with all the work done into building them right enough for the builder to trust enough that the buyer will have an enjoyable experience. And they gotta pay the bills.
Under a grand,own shop and a shift kit.
I've seen much higher prices without Pablo's shift kit.
The Motorcycle Institute certified mechanics is a cute touch.

A little bit pricey, I think buying retail every thing they listed on the that first bike (Schwinn Searcher) is under $600 so $350 in labor is a bit much.

On the other hand $350 could be a bargin. Nice to know they have an actual address. It would be cool to go down to a showroom and see sine bikes.

Agreed, I would say about $250-$350 depending on where you buy the parts and engine.

I can't comment much about there workmanship yet since I don't have the bike yet but I will let you folks know. The one fact I really liked about the owner was the fact that he is a formaly trained Mechanical engineer and also a certified Motorcycle mechanic. The jury is still out though.

I know Rich, Hes a really good guy and stands behind his products he gets alot of his stuff from me. I would have to say that you made a very wise choice in purchasing that bike. That's not our motor in that particular pic but like I said he will stand behind his work. Ill vouch for him any day!

I agree with the others - $350 for assembly is a bargain, especially considering the jackshaft system.

For people who are not mechanically inclined, installing a Happy Time kit can be frustrating because it is very rare to be able to just bolt it on without any modifications whatsoever. The ones willing to invest in the effort can buy a bike from the thrift shop, and add a HT engine for little cash.

Back