Anybody know about Chinese Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way i understand things the Grubee G4's are going to be here WELL in advance of any standalone EZM tranny.Pity cos that means customers that don't know & are not prepared to wait are probably going to accept second best,& thereafter won't be looking.
Important also is $'s cos Grubee stuff sells at a realistic price here....inflated but realistic.

That's true Fetor - the early bird catches the worm - but that Grubee G4 comes with its own special HS motor like the EZM. The ones that will fit a Honda aren't coming anytime soon. The GB bolt on pattern is different and the HS motors are made to fit it but my understanding is that the Honda won't fit it and it will have to be made specially to fit Honda motors. If you already have a Honda that's a bummer because in Australia those Hondas aren't cheap and are now over $600 to buy. I have some HS motors used & unused but they have the Honda bolt pattern so won't fit the G4 gearbox. If I want a G4 I'll have to buy it with the new HS motor and I don't really need any more motors I have enough of the old ones.
Also I can't be sure from the photos on Grubee Inc website but the rear sprocket looks to me like the cursed 56T which I don't ever want to see again let alone pay for it to be included in a kit and have to buy a 48T from Zbox just to make the rig work properly. They haven't test-ridden this rig except up and down a chinese alleyway so I'm not expecting to be impressed. It's the same story let the customers do the testing and after a few thousand have been sold and they eventually find out the best sprocket ratios it will be time to flog the G5 and start all over again with something that doesn't work properly. Am I being too cynical here or have I just wised up to how these cowboys operate?
I checked it comes with the 56T sprocket unless you order the HD axle and a 50T sprocket but I don't want a Grubee HD hub on my bike because it's not good enough. It also means doing a complete respoke & wheel trueing. It's beginning to suck already! The G4 Honda kits are not yet in production. This is the same old Grubee rushing to market before the product has been properly designed. They really don't give a ****!

Last edited by a moderator:
Weight and ride

Hi Irish John, YES My Brand X pulls a 300 lb rider, an old steel Murray, will climb small grades, do 32 mph, and can use your "cursed 56 tooth sprockets" well (gear change for proper ratio). It would be faster if I wished it to be. With Honda or HS for power, and both NORMAL engines can be interchanged into the bike at will.

My Hoot did OK, tho I could NEVER figure out exactly which lube was best, and it cut the clutch bell in two before I could settle on the best plan. At the time it died, i was using light colored disc brake grease, thinned with 50wt engine oil to a nice thick slurry, this was nice till the thin bell parted company with itself. Approximately 50 miles is an unacceptable transmission life in my estimation, and this box was the absolute cause of the inception of Brand X.

The new "Q-matic" unit will work even better due to the buffering characteristics of the Centrifugal clutch. I am not usually a fan of auto-clutches BUT we are using American free-air (air cooled) proven parts, and I do understand that a lot of people like auto's and they gives more flexability for hand-brakes, and riders who are not very "clutch" savvy, no matter which type, and what quality

Please understand that I am discussing technical aspects of the HS engine (which I do NOT manufacture) and type and effiency of transmission, not a sales venture. We are being stifled here for reasons that have never been clearly explained to me.

If you wanted to know more, I will discuss much, but not all, of what makes Motor Bicycles go.

Mike

Yes Mike, but that doesn't tell me much. The website tells us pretty well nothing either (apart from recycled info on various engine specs available on MBc). It seems that the EZM kit only comes with an engine whether you want it or not.
All I want is the gearbox and I want it to fit the HS and Honda that are identical shaft sizes and GB bolt pattern.
My question is this: when will the kit be available for a HS or Honda minus an engine? When will you tidy up the website so it actually has some information of relevance and when will you decide to give your Australian customers the priority they deserve so they can be riding their own EZM before this Christmas?
Your Hoot sounds like mine except I've never used mine on a bike. I have it rigged up as a table top demonstration to show customers the unacceptable face of capitalism and how unscrupulous and downright dishonest unregulated capitalism can be.
Your remark "If you wanted to know more, I will discuss much, but not all, of what makes Motor Bicycles go" sounds like something I'd expect from The Pentagon rather than from a motoredbike forum. If you followed my suggestion to have the stars & stripes emblazoned on your gearbox casing you might have to delete the reference to "Land of The Free" underneath the flag and replace it with some covert message that doesn't actually say anything meaningful.

Hi Irish John, I run the Honda (like you) and the HS, both in Brand X setups (we are not allowed to use our name here). The little HS is a VERY good engine, so much like the Honda that it was cloned from, that it could fool you even at close look, and a good ride.

Mike

The Hs is a good motor, prone to valve rattle but good all the same. It could fool me at a close look Mike except I do know the small differences because I buy & build them both frequently but the difference is pretty obvious on hills - the Honda has noticeably more pulling power. The other difference is when you start the Honda up for the first time there is that lovely sound of very precisely engineered parts which leaves a little bit of metallic dust in your 1st oil change after 1 hour of running. The HS doesn't get that metallic dust after 1 hour of running. The HS is good cos it's a good rip-off of Japanese technology but it is Chinese and therefor cannot be trusted to steer clear of quality fade issues. So far they heven't started down that well worn Chinese track but it's odds on that they will.
After my experiences with those despicable HT motors I have an aversion to anything Chinese and for that reason I sleep better at night knowing that my Honda has been produced by fair labour and not by poor slaves frog-marched into work at dawn from their billets at the point of an AK47.
Honda also sell spare parts and are more pleasant to deal with than the makers of the kits we all write so much about here. If the EZM is made in China you can forget about any enthusiam I may have had about it. I'm heartily sick of the attitude of kit suppliers and whoever makes an honest and decent kit will get my custom. So far there is only Staton but they don't do frame-mounts and I'm a believer that the frame is the best place for a motor most of the time.

HS and Honda

It's OK John, I do a lot of shipping, and I have NO intention of shipping overseas, so that means that you have "No Worries" of ever becoming the proud owner of whatever goods that I might have been shipping that day.

Have a nice day, complain all you want, you'll not be worrying about what I (we) do.

Mike Simpson

I do believe you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for EZM John,
perhaps you can design, manufacture, and market your own kit...
then you will have exactly what you want

It's OK John, I do a lot of shipping, and I have NO intention of shipping overseas, so that means that you have "No Worries" of ever becoming the proud owner of whatever goods that I might have been shipping that day.

The above is at least an honest statement and it would be nice to see that on your website. At least it saves people holding out in the hope that you might be supplying to other markets. It's the first relevant and factual statement to come out of an EZM source and what's more it sounds like you honestly mean it. See Mike it wasn't so hard after all. Keep it up and tell us what your real intentions are.

I do believe you shouldn't hold your breath waiting for EZM John,
perhaps you can design, manufacture, and market your own kit...
then you will have exactly what you want

Not really feasible Azbill because of the set-up expenses but I reckon soon the Indians will be giving us a better deal. Meanwhile I'll have to make do with the G4 for the Honda when it eventually comes out. Until then I'll stick with the Grubee Mark2 which is OK for the time being.
The boys in Adelaide might well come up with something. I'll have to wait & see. When peak oil arrives we might see bikes like they used to make 90 years ago coming out of Europe.

so Honda has more power than an HS. I live on and around really steep hills, so I will need to get a Honda If I want to have a chance of making it up the hills?

Honda may have a bit more power...may, but most people who have tried both say it is not much of a difference if any....I say that and I spent the money on a Honda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back