Anybody know about Chinese Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi snowbanana,

I have both! They are so close in performance it is next to impossible to tell the difference.

The Honda was an even trade for an HS motor! A friend of mine was looking for the most top end power to compete on a "Roller Road" [speed dyno]and the HS produced more top end speed, therefore we traded motors. Later I replaced the HS motor with the Honda Motor on my brand X [not allowed to mention brand] proto-type motorbike. It does seem that the Honda pulls a little stronger on the bottom end, but there is no doubt about the top end performance. The HS, for some reason produces a little more top end, please note "a little more". The original tests indicated 1 MPH difference[34 MPH vs 35 MPH]. After reseting the ratios the top end had a 2 MPH spread [36 MPH vs 38 MPH].

I am sure the Honda must be better made, and it certainly cost more, therefore it becomes a budget choice.

I am currently pulling a tall ratio [I like cruising without the motor wound tight, 30 MPH @ 6200 RPM], and I haven't needed to pedal assist my bike to overtake any hill.

I am convinced either motor will make you happy!

Have fun,

Last edited:
If you see a Honda GXH 50 pulled apart you will notice that all the bottom end is incredibly well machined. On the HS it looks quite different around the bottom end like everything has been cast rather than machined and there are also differences in the internal parts themselves. The difference is very obvious to the eye but how much of a difference that makes I can't really tell because after about 7000 kms I changed to using Hondas and when I tell customers this they just insist on the Honda. I suspect the HS is very good value for the price but the Honda is smoother and the valve rockers don't ever rattle like the HS did. The Honda is also more powerful and if the Honda spec sheet is to be believed the HS one probably isn't believable. I reckon they made up all those specs about power levels.
I am going to stop telling customers how good the Honda is because I need to get rid of a few HS motors and if I use them the finished bike is at least $600 cheaper because of the $400 price difference and the hours of rerigging the Honda carby to get it to work with a throttle cable.
Out of several Honda and a few HS 4 strokes I've got running out there none have had engine problems. The main problem I get is Grubee Mark 2 gearbox bushings wearing out, people shearing the 11T freewheel sprocket shaft key, the 11T freewheels coming loose or the teeth wearing out, rear 14g stainless spokes breaking (particularly on the Schwinn Deluxe 7 cruisers because those steel bikes weigh a ton) and people needing rear wheels trued.
None of these is a big deal really but the Schwinn Deluxe Sevens are definitely not that great for motorising because of the weight and spoke problems, Funnily enough the heavy D7s are just as fast with a Honda as the lighter alloy Schwinn cruisers but the strain on the spokes is excessive and because of the fat 7 spd hub I can't use a clamshell sprocket clamp. You can't use a clamshell on any internally geared hub I don't think which is a great pity. I'm respoking my own D7 with Swiss DT 14g spokes to see if they are better than the Chinese or Taiwanese stainless. I had to buy 100 spokes to get them at a price I could bear. 12g spokes are out because the hub flange holes can't take the 12g.
From my experience if you get 5000 kms out of a Grubee 11T freewheel you are doing really well. I also am beginning to get really annoyed by the gearbox whine on the Grubee GB and am dying to try out a good belt driven GB but it sure won't be the 4G. That gearbox could have been good but it was a nightmare as I described elsewhere. The ratio is all wrong for a start and who can be bothered when the old one at least could be made to work.
Maybe the 4G, with a fixed 11T sprocket and a 36 -40T rear clamshell mounted might work but without a clamshell it will tear the spokes something shocking. The Q-matic sounds good and I would like to try it to see how it fits on a good Schwinn cruiser.

If you see a Honda GXH 50 pulled apart you will notice that all the bottom end is incredibly well machined. On the HS it looks quite different around the bottom end like everything has been cast rather than machined and there are also differences in the internal parts themselves.

WOW! - I didn't realize that Honda used parts machined from solid stock in their engines! I thought it was standard manufacturing practice to cast, then machine the parts to final specifications. :rolleyes:

I reckon they made up all those specs about power levels.

Judging from your statement above, I reckon you make things up as you go too.

WOW! - I didn't realize that Honda used parts machined from solid stock in their engines! I thought it was standard manufacturing practice to cast, then machine the parts to final specifications. :rolleyes:

Judging from your statement above, I reckon you make things up as you go too.

I don't - it is just that when I got OEM status from Honda I got to see what was inside the motors. In the copy motors there were still dags on the castings and that was the difference I was trying to describe.
I have never had to take a honda apart to that degree nor have I had to take the HS apart to that degree either as I said. But there is a difference and its obvious to the naked eye. You have a real problem with anything I say so this will be the last response I will be making to your accusations. I need to totally disengage from you because it serves no constructive purpose and it is not helpful to this Forum in any way.

......In the copy motors there were still dags on the castings and that was the difference I was trying to describe.

It is one thing to say that the castings were not cleaned up as well as the Honda, but another thing entirely to infer that the HS had cast parts and the Honda does not. "Cast rather than machined" was the exact quote. BOTH have cast internal parts that are machined to precision tolerances. Visually, the Honda crankshaft may be more appealing, but it is the machining on the crank journal and other surfaces that you can't see that counts.

......You have a real problem with anything I say so this will be the last response I will be making to your accusations. I need to totally disengage from you because it serves no constructive purpose and it is not helpful to this Forum in any way.

I have a real problem with people who distort the truth, and pointing that out is very constructive to the forum. All one has to do is search all of your postings to find out that you are highly biased in your opinions. I mean c'mon man, saying that HuaSheng "made up" the specs on the power output of their engines? Care to back that up "Mr. Honda OEM dealer"?

Last edited:
Huasheng/Titan is an excellent buy for the money and will last for thousands of miles. Just look at the posts of folks with that many miles on them. Parts are cheap and the choices of kits are endless. Its a win win for every one. Honda is a Honda and that why it costs more and needs no defending.

Huasheng/Titan is an excellent buy for the money and will last for thousands of miles. Just look at the posts of folks with that many miles on them. Parts are cheap and the choices of kits are endless. Its a win win for every one. Honda is a Honda and that why it costs more and needs no defending.

HEY!!! Take that back! This is neither the time nor place for rational insights!!!

I have ridden mine nonstop for my main transportation here in southern california! I have close to 30,000 miles on mine! Just keep up the maintance and, it will work just fine!

I have ridden mine nonstop for my main transportation here in southern california! I have close to 30,000 miles on mine! Just keep up the maintance and, it will work just fine!

To do 30,000 miles on one motor and one bike is amazing and a great endorsement for the HS. I'd be interested to know what distances you got from the freewheel sprockets (I get about 3000 miles out of them at best but they are cheap & easy to replace). Also have you been through many bushings on the primary gear/ clutch bell and have you had to replace the clutch bell at all. How has the gear engager held up over all that distance?
Do you use the older type Grubee gearboxes or the new 4G?
What lubricant do you use in your GB?
Incidentally my old Grubee Mark 2 GB I got from B-E.Com in early 2008 is the best of the many I've since built. It is so much quieter and very little whine but I don't really know why. I had to give it away in November to someone who was complaining about his GB whine noise and I really miss it. I can't hear my motor anymore.
Lastly Bubbatgs, do you have to adjust your valve rocker things much on your HS - do they rattle a lot.
I'm really interested to hear your experience having done so many miles on one machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I first went to the rear freewheel. I assembled it with red locktight. (a permatex product) I have had no problems yet. (KNOCK KNOCK) knock on wood I did have problems with the eleven tooth primary drive sroket once. Again! I purchased a new one and assembled it with red locktight! have had no further problems.
I have done a great deal of preventive maintance though! I change my oil (SAE 30 no multi grade oils) evey ten to fifteen hours! Convert miles to hours! every twentyfive miles equals an hour of use for me.I have the old grubee transmission. This means, I have to grease the transmission every other weekend! Keep the chain lubed and adjusted. I have had to set the valve clearance once. I have replace the spark plug three tims. The only other problem I have is keeping tires on the thing!!! My chain bounces and hit the rear tire so I have to replace the rear tire every 500 to a 1000 miles! other than that I ride the **** out of it!! Everywhere!you can see what it looked like when I first got the long pipe on my profile here!I have since put a shock seatpost and a bigger seat on it, better head light and fenders since then!
($11.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back