Anybody know about Chinese Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks FM. My bike is deadly serious in that it is my major means of transport. I have a show pony bike for Sundays (see picture) but it isn't as robust as my trusty Indian although it cost a bomb. In the old days I rode a 2-stroke and had terrible trouble keeping it running so I could get to work. The ZBox 2-stroke motors I eventually stopped using because they had truly appalling quality problems, Now I am back making 2-strokes with Grubee Skyhawks in good alloy Schwinn cruisers because the supplier went to China and ironed out problems, They have become pretty darn good again and I have to admit I like riding them - light and responsive and I can ride where I like and not go around really bad hills like I do on the 4-strokes but I'd miss cruising at 30 mph and not miss running in at snails pace for 500 kms. These motors are now good enough to try the shifter kit whereas a shifter kit on a ZBox would be casting pearls after swine. Out of 9 ZBox motors last year 7 didn't make it to 4 weeks, 1 made it to 6 weeks and 1 made it to 8 weeks. That really was an appalling record. I had directly bought 2 of those and the others were bought by people I know locally. I called the guy to report the problems and he said if what I said was true then his phone would be running hot. I knew the others had all called him to complain so his phone was running hot and he was lying to me. To get full recompense you had to really threaten and pester him. I ended my dealings with him there and then.
The present batch of Grubee 2-strokes are a really great kit and I like the importer from Sydney. He's calling to see me today & I look forward to meeting him in the flesh. Keeping quality high must be hard because they try all sorts of tricks in the country of manufacture like throwing rejects in with a shipment etc. but right now they are the best they have ever been.
I attach a picture of a new 2-stroke on the workbench - the tank is away being sprayed with 2-pack to match the metallic teal of the frame. I know it will be a lovely bike to ride but it's not for me. I'll probably find the EZ gearbox, when it eventually gets down here, allows me to fully enjoy my 4-stroke but at present the whining GB gets to me and I have trouble with 11T freewheels and people complaining about their engagers clunking. The 2-strokes were always a lovely design - it was the unreliability of them that got to me.

Attachments

• 2010 FG4 Billinudgel Bullet Deluxe1.jpg
    2010 FG4 Billinudgel Bullet Deluxe1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,093
  • Fosscati Chincogan Chaser1.jpg
    Fosscati Chincogan Chaser1.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,085
Irish John the answer to your question is yes the TITAN/HS will be reliable and give you many 1000s miles of service.

Irish John the answer to your question is yes the TITAN/HS will be reliable and give you many 1000s miles of service.

Thanks Darwin. When will they be selling them and are they only available in the US?

My HuaSheng motor...

When I first visited this thread, I had just purchased my HuaSheng. I'm a heavy user, and have put more than 500 miles on it in 3 months. So far, I have encountered no problems whatsoever. It starts reliably, performs predictably, and has good power. I have had no issues with the belt drive system. The belt is not worn, and hasn't even needed an adjustment. I'm still on my first chain tensioner pulley. Two thumbs up from me.

Nice Post!
But I am Losing my mind & nervous & upset daily with this new kit.
I invested alot in it thinking it would do what I needed.

I don't know where to begin, but I will start here.
I purchased a Honda GHX50 engine kit from Birdog.

All I wanted was a reliable steady 30 MPH max.

It has the Skyhawk Gear system.
It was a real job putting this kit together but we (me & my Dad)
did.
No idle & no place to hook up the throttle!
What was that about?
Would have been nice to have that info before deciding on the Hue Seing or the Honda!
But my Dad is a mechanic & figured it out.

This thing has 2 & a half horse power & will not get out of it's tracks!
In the beginning it had take off power but now that is gone!

It misses & sputters & might do 22 MPH on a GOOD DAY!
No power on hills & this thing ought to climb walls!
& God Forbid if you are against the wind!

The (forgive my spelling) hue Sheng engine was also offered.
But no one said the Honda did not have the same Carbourator/Idle adjustment Throttle attachment.

Should I purchase the Hus Sheng (SpellIng?) Carbourator ?
Will it match up with the Honda GXH50 motor perfectly?
Will that solve all my problems?

I am pretty sure I have the 56 tooth rear sprocket.
I really don't want to lose any more power with like a 44 tooth sprocket.

But the thing has no power anyway so I guess that statement is irrelevant at this time.
This thing ought to do at LEAST 30 mph on a flat!
I am very disapointed with this whole kit as it does not perform anywhere near advertised.
I am in good shape & can pedal 18 mph!
But this kit is a load to pedal manually!

Any help or tips on getting this thing to run decent & reliable would be greatly appreciated!
As I stated earlier, it ought to run at LEAST 30 mph.

The Robin 33cc engine I had would do 26 to 28 consistantly.
But that set-up was not as sturdy & reliable as this one.
But....It will NOT get out of it's tracks!

HELP PLease!
SOS!!
It seems to be getting too much fuel as it backfires when I let off the gas.

BTW, thanks for the info on synthetic oil vs what the manual says.
I'll stick with the manual specs.

Thanks for your time.
Starrman15

Just buy a HS carby and throttle mechanism plus cable barrel holder from Birddog and use that & the motor will run perfectly unless you have reset the air fuel mix in wehich case you need to adjust that back to normal running.
I take it you aren't using the belt driven gearbox cos that will never run properly - use the old cog wheel gearboxes.
With the older type gearbox you need a 48T sprocket on rear wheel not the 56T it comes with.

God Bless you Irish John!
A mountain of information in an instant!

I do Not think Birdog had a 48 tooth sprocket in stock although they recommended a 48
Can you refer me to someone who would stock that item?

They Did have a 44 but asked about the terrain..
At that time (Last Fall) I was running a solid 26 Mph & all was going fairly well.

But I thought this kit should run much faster than than the Robin kit that was always broke down!
I only had about 3 weeks with it & then weather shut my riding down here in Ohio.

It would probably be fine as I like to pedal & get excercise.
But the way this thing is running now, it could not get up any grade at all.
Bottom line, I want a solid 30 plus MPH or more at full throttle on a straight.

And plenty of power going up hills.
And this engine should be able to climb walls with the 56 tooth sprocket!

But I would rather have top end speed & help pedal for uphill climbing.

I guess the only move at present is to order the HS Carb & we will go from there.
If that improves all of the present problems then at that point I will order a 48 tooth sprocket.

Rome was not built in a day, but I have a difficult time with patience.
Especially when I spend many hours in study before I purchase an item.

Then spend alot of "Telephone Time" with the company trying to make ABSOLUTELY CLEAR what I expect out of the product & what Item I want to purchase.

Well, I think I am really close.
Jst a carby away & that is not so bad!

Again, thank you so much & may God Bless you & yours.
You have helped me in many ways with your experience & information!

Your friend & BTW, I am Irish too.
Michael
Starrman15

Thanks Starrman. I doubt Birddog will charge more than about $25 for a carby and I'm sure they know to include the cable barrel holder bracket and actual barrel itself. The HS carby goes perfectly on the Honda cos I've done stacks of them that way. Re-jigging the Honda carby as per Houghmade, JimRasyser, Fetor and others is OK too but it's harder work than using the HS.
The experiences of all of us with Hondas on cruiser bikes with 26" wheel tell you that a 48T sprocket is the go for you. If you had the HS I'd say 50 or 52T but the 56T is a waste of time for all except those members in the Rocky Mtns it seems.
I find the 48T good for all but the absolute worst hills and it will allow cruising at 30mph. if you really want you can cruise faster but you'll burn a lot of fuel and will be revving to max. If you crouch over the tank you can probably hit 35 mph on the flat. If you go below a 48T (say 44T) rear sprocket problems are multiplied on hills where the motor will struggle at lower revs likewise with strong headwinds and you will regret it and when you change back you'll need to lengthen your chain to fit the 48T.
A 48T is available from most sellers of kits - especially 2-stroke kits.
Extra time spent setting up the sprocket to be really true pays off in smooth running and performance I've found and I often have to remount the engine a second time to achieve the best drivetrain possible but a good drivetrain is lovely to ride and means less wear & tear. I use lithium grease in the gearbox - white MPG lithium grease made by Rock Oil (UK) and I use white BelRay silcon grease on the chain cos it is cleaner than others and doesn't splatter too much.
Hope this helps and ring around for the 48T - someone will have it. I like the HS motor but the Honda is noticeably more powerful. Don't know what the shifter kit would be like on a Honda / Grubee but I doubt it would increase speed much but would allow climbing of hills without pedalling. The main attraction of the 4-stroke shifter kit to me would be not having a chain on the left side and not having to adjust the wheel alignment to get tyre clearance and not having to clean my whitewalls all the time. With the coaster brake and hub gears on all my cruisers these days I find giving the rear wheel a kick to the right very hard to achive cos of the brake arm and the fact that the pedal chain must be really tight on hub gears.
The Honda air filter will fit the HS carby but you need to saw off the black plastic cover so it doesn't impede the throttle - that is a very easy job. Use the sponge from the Honda filter cos it is better quality.

Last edited by a moderator:
Starman,
I have a post somewhere in the 4 stroke forum on using the governor pieces to make a throttle connection if youre interested? I think its called honda throttle solutions...

Also,
I rec reversing the clutch engager on the gearbox, like houghmade did. I tried it and my gearbox running much smoother. I think the clutch if not fully engaged can really be jumpy and the birddog cluthc lever sucks cuz its one of the chinese parts I believe.

Any parts you need for a HS give DAX a call Duane will work with ya and answer all your questions hes the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back