Anybody using KingsMotorBikes CDI?

MrHungwell94

Local time
2:29 AM
I've been using KingsMotorBikes performance CDI for a little bit and so far I like it, but the website is extremely non-descriptive about it. I mean anything is better than the stock CDI, and this one is only $20 compared to $10 for a worthless piece of junk or forking over like $70 bucks or more for either a Jaguar or HD Lightning CDI (I have never owned either btw). I like that it has a separate coil with a good quality boot and cap, but other than this, does anyone have more info about this CDI and how it compares to others?

looked at the site - I see a $10 standard CDI & a $10 part that looks like some type of coil - no idea what that part is used for or how it hooks up to anything

that link makes more sense, thanx - was unaware of these & hoping someone with more info will read in

seems that all power is still from rotor, so any advantage would be from better spark timing and better power loss control

Iv used one of kingsmotorbikes new cdis.
http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/coll...harge-cdi-for-48cc-66cc-80cc-high-performance
20160602_184151.jpg
20160602_184035.jpg
It lasts longer then the stock one i know that for sure.
The other new one is kinda like the jaguar cdi but it has a key so u can turn the cdi on and off havent used it yet but i have one just waiting for a bike to put it on

CDIs have two functions
1. produce a good spark
2. produce the spark at the right time which changes with RPM. Graphing that result gives you the "timing curve"

It's silly to buy something like a CDI without knowing essential specifics. They don't post a graph of its timing curve? What is this, 2016 or the stone age?

Back