Anybody with a 24 inch motored bike?

Retroman

Local time
10:37 PM
I’m foot two, eyes are blue, but oh what.... no I’m really 5’5 and have some difficulty getting on my 27 inch regular bike. It does seem like the 26 inch Whizzer type bikes look a little easier to ride. I was just wondering, I saw that the Whizzer made a 24 inch “sportsman” I don’t think I will find a real Whizzer in my price range but wondering now if I should look at that style for me. Pros or Cons?

Limited choice and availability of high quality modern tyres. Less comfortable and slower over very bumpy roads. Other than that, I love the feel and handling of smaller wheeled bikes. 😄

I've got 24x3 on my 26-inch bike. Finding tires is a bit of a problem. Other than that I love 'em.

If you're using hub brakes (and you should) then it's just a simple wheel swap.

You can buy a 26in wheel bike with a 13/15in seat tube and walk right over the seat.

I’m foot two, eyes are blue, but oh what.... no I’m really 5’5 and have some difficulty getting on my 27 inch regular bike. It does seem like the 26 inch Whizzer type bikes look a little easier to ride. I was just wondering, I saw that the Whizzer made a 24 inch “sportsman” I don’t think I will find a real Whizzer in my price range but wondering now if I should look at that style for me. Pros or Cons?

At 5'5" you aren't getting on a 27", 26", or a 24" frame. Such bikes would be for very tall people. The 27", 26", and 24" is wheel diameter size. These have nothing to do with frame proportions. In fact you could even get a correct frame size for your particular body build with 29" wheels.

Here's a frame proportions calculator that can let you know the general area you need in a bicycle frame for your particular body build.

Having a frame which is the correct size for you and having the bike properly adjusted for you will give you maximum comfort while riding.

Last edited:
OP, the bigger the wheel as in 24in vs 26in the better the ride and control like steering. I can attest to that fact after owning a motor scooter with 10in wheels vs 14in wheels. The 150cc 14in wheel scooter was way more responsive to steering control and a more comfortable ride in absorbing bumps. It was a no brainer in comparison.

At 5'5" you aren't getting on a 27", 26", or a 24" frame. Such bikes would be for very tall people. The 27", 26", and 24" is wheel diameter size. These have nothing to do with frame proportions. In fact you could even get a correct frame size for your particular body build with 29" wheels.

Here's a frame proportions calculator that can let you know the general area you need in a bicycle frame for your particular body build.

Having a frame which is the correct size for you and having the bike properly adjusted for you will give you maximum comfort while riding.

Yes I was referring to wheel size. That’s how I though the Whizzer referred to the bikes. I didn’t think they had
OP, the bigger the wheel as in 24in vs 26in the better the ride and control like steering. I can attest to that fact after owning a motor scooter with 10in wheels vs 14in wheels. The 150cc 14in wheel scooter was way more responsive to steering control and a more comfortable ride in absorbing bumps. It was a no brainer in comparison.

Yes I had a little Vespa for a while 10 inch wheels . Not a daily ride, so it was fine, but I see what you mean.

Oh yes I was referring to wheel size, I thought that was how the Whizzers were advertised. I don’t know they went by frame size. I have trouble lifting my leg over even smaller bikes, so I am always looking for something lower to the ground.

Use a girls bike. No shame in that at all, Bwahahahahaha.

Back