Anyone actually registered bike as moped?

My moped plate showed up in the mail today after waiting for 6 weeks.
The moped plate is 4"x7" the same size as a CA. M/C plate
This is what it would look like on my Whizzer and I have the perfect spot for it, in my saddle bag :ROFLMAO:
Nice, I noticed right away cars notice me more with the plate on there, I'm not sure why but they tend to "generally" give me a little more of the road, at least around here.

Yes. California does "share the road 🚲"

Especially Northern Ca. When I was riding my Whizzer around Monteray Bay
I almost got confused because everyone was giving me the right of way.

To get your bike registered in CA you will have to spend $21 to get your registration and license plate. There are no renewal fees or stickers, it's good for the life of your bike. To register fill out sections 1,2 and 5 of form: Reg 230, sign it, send payment and mail it to the address on the form----> https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/uploads/2020/03/reg230.pdf

When filling out the form use the serial number of your bicycle as the vehicle identification number (VIN). Also, since most of the 2 stroke 'china girl' engines have no serial number stamped on them when the DMV form asks for the engine serial number, it is acceptable to use the bicycle serial number and put an "E" in front of it in the spot on the form for engine number. "E" stands for engine. If the engine ever fails and you want to put a new one on your bike, you will not need to change your DMV registration. Leave the CA license plate spot blank, they will fill in a number once they assign one to you. Okay, that's it, send it in, wait 3 weeks, license plate and reg will arrive in the mail, no need to bring your bike to the DMV or anything, no inspections required.
I had no problem registering my bike as a moped in Cal. A big advantage of having the plate is I can legally ride in the traffic lanes or the bike lane. With the required lights and horn, and wearing a helmet, I've never been stopped or questioned.

https://motoredbikes.com/threads/norton-roadholder-despatch-1963.53145/#post-516750

moto-velo-june-2020-jpg.96369

Do you have to renew it every year??
Update: I never received a renewal form for my registration, so I called and was told they don't send one for mopeds. Mine was actually expired at this point but I discovered you can renew online. And for multiple years if you want. I renewed for two years at a cost of $81 and change (ouch). $30 of that is tax. So my stickers should arrive in the mail. Oh, and you can sign up for reminders too. It's a rip-off, but since I don't have car inspection or emissions where I live, I guess I still come out ahead. BTW, state is Ohio.

Update: I never received a renewal form for my registration, so I called and was told they don't send one for mopeds. Mine was actually expired at this point but I discovered you can renew online. And for multiple years if you want. I renewed for two years at a cost of $81 and change (ouch). $30 of that is tax. So my stickers should arrive in the mail. Oh, and you can sign up for reminders too. It's a rip-off, but since I don't have car inspection or emissions where I live, I guess I still come out ahead. BTW, state is Ohio.
I think I will just stay right here in Alamogordo, NM. where these bikes are not considered mopeds or motorcycles...lol...No reg, no insurance, no DL, no title required...lol...DAMIEN

Section E. Motorized Bicycles​

Revised November 30, 2017

Motorized Bicycles are not considered to be mopeds or motorcycles.

By current MVD practice, motorized bicycles are considered to be bicycles (not mopeds or motorcycles) and are not subject to the titling and registration requirements of the Motor Vehicle Code.

The Motor Vehicle Division is neither required nor authorized to title or register bicycles.

Yeah i know the laws is f'd up.
Whining dont help.

Also know police dont really seem to care about the m/b, but that can change on a dime if it gets on their radar for some reason.

So if you got a state that requires registration and VIN.
Theres a procedure for mfg statement of origin and VIN
- Receipts, bill of sale for all parts used , and a form
- inspection
- emission test (EPA or CARB approved would fly)
- insurance
- motorcycle endorsement on license

Has anyone actually EVER done this for MSO ??? most of the threads I could find had people who inquired and basically gave up.
A moped is not registered in my state. Anything larger than 50cc is called a motorcycle and must be registered. 50cc and under 2 hp and you must be 14 years of age or older to ride one on the street, and you must have a flashing front and back light. The transmission has to be fully automatic or a single speed. They will however let shifter bikes slide because they require the pedals to actually start the engine. If they were separated from each other, they wouldn't allow it in court. Cops most likely don't care. They know we all ride 66cc here and they leave us alone unless they just like your bike and want to see it, or you are being a douche canoe. They even let you ride down sidewalks as long as you aren't travel to fast and give way to people walking. Pretty good laws here about mopeds, could be better, but I'm happy I can even do this hobby. I love it!!!

I did it in Ohio. Had to get a supervisor at the BMV to even figure out what I was trying to do. They made up a VIN and sold me a plate. Wasn't too painful, by the standards of dealing with the BMV.
what county? because I went into a Prebble County BMV, they had no idea, made some calls. they then said I had to call the local PD, have them do an inspection, then hope they ok it to get a VIN. Then they may be able to help me.

what county? because I went into a Prebble County BMV, they had no idea, made some calls. they then said I had to call the local PD, have them do an inspection, then hope they ok it to get a VIN. Then they may be able to help me.
Here is the information that you requested...Good luck.

OH Moped & Motorized Bike Registration​

To ride a moped or motorized bicycle on public streets, you’ll first need to register your vehicle in person at the BMV.

Visit your local BMV office with:

When you are issued your plate, display it on the rear of your moped.

Print out this form and fill it out and present it at your BMV

A few days ago I was riding... probably cruisin' around 30-32mph or so... when I hear a siren. I look in my rear-view and sure enough, here comes a copper... lights on... siren wailing... I pull over to the side of the road...

...and he passed on by siren screechin' and lights a blazin'....

I got back on the road and followed him for a bit until I turned.

Back