Anyone actually registered bike as moped?

Sent in my registration form 230 for a CA. Moped Plate 3 weeks ago, $23 one time fee.
I'll show ya all when it gets here.
I've been riding my Whizzer M/B for 16 years without a plate and never had any problems.
I'm still not gonna mount it on my bike I'm gonna put it in my saddle bags :LOL:
If the Cops ever ask me I'll have it. Then I'll have to mount it on my bike.

I have this cool embossed WHIZZER plate, I like it so much I don't want to take it off
DSCF8378.JPG

We are getting screwed in Ohio. I paid 38.50 today for one year. We have expiration stickers just like motorcycle plates. I figure that way I won't be bothered. As a former police officer I don't want to not look legal.

Sent in my registration form 230 for a CA. Moped Plate 3 weeks ago, $23 one time fee.
I'll show ya all when it gets here.
I've been riding my Whizzer M/B for 16 years without a plate and never had any problems.
I'm still not gonna mount it on my bike I'm gonna put it in my saddle bags :LOL:
If the Cops ever ask me I'll have it. Then I'll have to mount it on my bike.

I have this cool embossed WHIZZER plate, I like it so much I don't want to take it off
View attachment 105010
The po po never stops you because that looks like a monogrammed license plate. And, we no they're too lazy to run stuff like that.

The po po never stops you because that looks like a monogrammed license plate. And, we no they're too lazy to run stuff like that.
I don't think that little Whizzer 4" x 2 1/4" novelty plate is fooling the Cops

I'm not too sure how big the Moped Plate is I think it's the same size as a M/C plate 7"x5"
I hope it's a little smaller like 5" x 3" I tried to look it up but couldn't find the size info.

I bet @Tyler6357 knows the size of a CA Moped Plate. He has one, Maybe he'll chime in and tell us the size.

Not sure when my Plate is gonna show up in the mail? It might take the CA DMV up to 6 weeks to send it to me

Moped Plates can't be personalized in CA.

But if ya register your M/B as a Motor Driven Cycle you can get a personalized M/C plate.
But now ya gotta pay a yearly registration fee and have insurance just like a M/C.

I don't think that little Whizzer 4" x 2 1/4" novelty plate is fooling the Cops

I'm not too sure how big the Moped Plate is I think it's the same size as a M/C plate 7"x5"
I hope it's a little smaller like 5" x 3" I tried to look it up but couldn't find the size info.

I bet @Tyler6357 knows the size of a CA Moped Plate. He has one, Maybe he'll chime in and tell us the size.

Not sure when my Plate is gonna show up in the mail? It might take the CA DMV up to 6 weeks to send it to me
Yea, it's 7" x 4 1/4" (inches). I believe it's the same size as the motorcycle ones.

Attachments

• PIC_3012.JPG
    PIC_3012.JPG
    302.7 KB · Views: 235
My moped plate showed up in the mail today after waiting for 6 weeks.
The moped plate is 4"x7" the same size as a CA. M/C plate
This is what it would look like on my Whizzer and I have the perfect spot for it, in my saddle bag :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• DSCF3920.JPG
    DSCF3920.JPG
    157.1 KB · Views: 190
  • DSCF3921.JPG
    DSCF3921.JPG
    160.3 KB · Views: 173
  • DSCF3922.JPG
    DSCF3922.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 183
Back