anyone been fishing in the Mississippi river?

mark20

just curious if anyone caught anything. im planing on fishing there next week!

darwin

Watch out for the 12ft gators and 10ft sharks near the edge of the water. They'll have you and your dog for lunch.

mark20

Watch out for the 12ft gators and 10ft sharks near the edge of the water. They'll have you and your dog for lunch.
i dont think theirs sharks in minnesota lol.
im hoping on catching northerns (fish) and bass

darwin

Sounds like some memories are to be made shortly, have fun. I know the miss headwaters are in Minn but is it actually a river up there? I dunno if it's a small stream or what. Need to look that up. In the spring runoff the miss can be a mile wide in some places especially south of where the Missouri empties into it.

mark20

Sounds like some memories are to be made shortly, have fun. I know the miss headwaters are in Minn but is it actually a river up there? I dunno if it's a small stream or what. Need to look that up. In the spring runoff the miss can be a mile wide in some places especially south of where the Missouri empties into it.
its actually pretty big, i know because i can walk to it, (just never have the time). theirs lots of rocks so im fishing from shore. if it freezes over i would like to go on colquet island, i heard its nice!

Last edited:

try 1897

its actually pretty big, i know because i can walk to it, (just never have the time). theirs lots of rocks so im fishing from shore. if it freezes over i would like to go on colquet island, i heard its nice!
Walleye crappie large and smallmouth bass several kinds of catfish blue channel etc. What you catch depends on what rig or bait you use and where you use it. Check on line for info on good spots in your area and what lures or bait to use. If your boots arnt water tite bring extra dry socks. Tom

U

User 27079

come to Virginia and catch a boat load of trout.
Damnit young man..i want to come to your house for lunch LOL

Ride Safe!

HP

Frogslayer

Did you ever catch anything? River ice fishing can be tricky and dangerous but also very rewarding.