Anyone bought a Gasbike hs 49cc lately?

darwin

Local time
5:40 AM
I thought maybe because it was new and tight might be the reason its doggin at 20mph max. Nahh its restricted some how. Carb or breathing, muffler, ex valve, int valve maybe needs 005/007 maybe. Anyone have the same issue?......1-1/8th roller. All the bikes I've had could at least do 28mph, 8mph means a lot. Torque on this puppy is awesome, even better than the 2 Hondas I've owned and it purrs and revs like you want it to.

My money is on it being a lemon, but check for restrictor plates or throttle stops if you feel it's legitimately restricted. I can't imagine they changed the stock jetting or timing so all that's left that your 8 mph might be going to would be gross bearings.

To answer your question about the difference between your recent purchased gasbike.net huasheng 49cc engine kit, they are different now. All kits with build date after March of 2013 have changed.

Engine now only revs to 6900 rpm.
Corrected by replacing the flywheel and cdi. I ordered from bikeberry. Both have to be replaced, replacing one by itself will cause engine not to run right.
Carburetor is jetted smaller. I also ordered another from bikeberry.
After replacing carb, flywheel and cdi it will run the same as previous kits.
I fought with them back in november, information under description states no load rpm 8500, which in fact now is 6900. Bank Credit Card refunded my money for two kits.
They still show no load 8500 rpm. One of many phone calls to them they just said most people who order would not even notice.
Good luck.

Wow thanks, I'm waiting on bicycle-engines to get those carbs in stock. That's the carb I want if the pics are correct. No wonder this motor is different, torquey and runs great but no top end........had a OEM gx50 carb sitting on the shelf and tried to change out the jets, no luck they're different threads and design. Drilled out the brass plug on the HS carb and messed with the mixture, on my deck it runs good but have to ride it to see if there's any improvement running it richer..........we'll see.

To answer your question about the difference between your recent purchased gasbike.net huasheng 49cc engine kit, they are different now. All kits with build date after March of 2013 have changed.

Engine now only revs to 6900 rpm.

After replacing carb, flywheel and cdi it will run the same as previous kits.

One of many phone calls to them they just said most people who order would not even notice.
Good luck.
Interesting.
I just bought one earlier this month and all I noticed different was 4G cover was no longer a peak-a-boo but this did 28MPH just fine.

2_4sElectra2L-1280.jpg

2_4sElectra2R-1280.jpg

Maybe I just got lucky but I'll re-think using them in the future if that is the case.

Hey KCvale. I would probably still buy from them, because I only like the tapered sfaft version of this motor.
For the OP please hook up a tachometer to make sure of my recommendation for a fix. It it only revs to 6900 rpm then you know.
KCvale, my kit with the non peek trans (100 tooth) did not have a problem either. I wonder if it was only the 80 tooth kits that did. They shipped me two 80 tooth kits and I kept them because I liked the peek thru design.

Hey KCvale. I would probably still buy from them, because I only like the tapered sfaft version of this motor.
For the OP please hook up a tachometer to make sure of my recommendation for a fix. It it only revs to 6900 rpm then you know.
KCvale, my kit with the non peek trans (100 tooth) did not have a problem either. I wonder if it was only the 80 tooth kits that did. They shipped me two 80 tooth kits and I kept them because I liked the peek thru design.
I'll see if Don knows, we worked together earlier this year on design changes to the 4G's that are now in production, the 80T freewheels will now have a straight 14mm keyed shaft with solid 9T and 10T dual set screw output sprockets so you can adjust the thing laterally.

Not sure if the mounting base changes will make this years production run.

Also working on a 16T/100T freewheel 4G with a ~9" long keyed shaft for the new base that will accommodate a carrier bearing support to allow direct right side output.

In short that means all you need for a 4-stroke shifter is a bike with gears and the dual sprocket freewheel BB sick bikes sells and not any of the base mount and jackshaft parts.
Just 2 chains, one direct from the engine output to the pedal chainring, and one to your back wheel from the other chainring.

You can read about my early attempt at it with a coupler here.
http://kcsbikes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=694
Just couldn't get the gear ratio low enough directly, hence the new 4G.

KCvale
The new 4g ideas sound promising.
I would love a shifter but don't want to spend $200 each for one. My teen daughter and I ride together almost nightly, great bonding times these bikes have brought to us. We are in fact going on a week long trip to a very hilly and wooded area with hours worth of back wood roads. The new 4g would be ideal for use with the hills as we could navigate them by allowing us to change gears. We leave in a week, and am trying to come up with a solution to gear them for the hills without much expense.
Anyhow, I'm excited to see this new 4g in the future. I would definitely buy this setup before a shift kit.

Enjoy your time with your female teen, they grow up quick and move on.
One thing I've heard is they most always find a special place for Daddy.

Not true for males, my son is 24 and I still can't get his lazy unemployed a$$ out of the house and now seems to think it's a free hotel with free food, maid service, and a free ready teller cash machine.

This is definitely a different motor than the other HS 142fs I've had, just going to live with it. 20 mph isn't so bad but I'm always WOT the motor. The solution for FD kits is to have a 1-1/4-1-3/8s drive wheel. If you have hills this is the motor to have with an 1-1/8th roller.

Back