anyone bought this?

Yes. It took some messing around to get it working right but those motors scream !

3 bearings, 2 on the engine side with a very heavy duty engine mount.

It may weigh more than the other kits but it is way heavy duty. Check out the bearing holder welded on the side.

On a friction drive it is well worth the time it takes to get things straight.

I put little tack welds on my bracket where it bolts to the frame to keep things straight.

I wouldn't buy one... I just ordered a another staton kit. 206 shipped... without the motor. I have an eho35 laying around I am going to put on it. Both are bulletproof.

Both staton and robin/subaru are two companies I know for sure are top notch quality... I dont know about the people that made the engine and kit that are on ebay.

You always.... always get what you pay for.

well i actually already bought the motor, so all i need is the kit, guess ill buy one of those kits from bikemotorparts.com since it seems to be in my price range

I wouldn't buy one... I just ordered a another staton kit. 206 shipped... without the motor. I have an eho35 laying around I am going to put on it. Both are bulletproof.

Both staton and robin/subaru are two companies I know for sure are top notch quality... I dont know about the people that made the engine and kit that are on ebay.

You always.... always get what you pay for.

They didn't weld on that bearing holder or add the extra bearing on the heavy duty engine mount to save money.

I have seen all three kits and this one by far is the most heavy duty.

Maybe the best for a beefy motor.

edit: the motor had the little adjustment screws on the carb and no labels. It screamed.

Last edited:
I think so. The design is worth the study. The quality is way made in China.

The holes may be drilled in the wrong places then redrilled.

The shaft might not line up and you may need to adjust the channel in a vice and then weld small pieces of angle to keep it straight.

For sure not high quality like Staton.

The heavy duty spacer between the motor and the channel is machined to fit half a bearing and the other half of the bearing fits in the holder welded onto the channel that holds the second bearing.

The other side of the engine mount is machined to fit tightly into the motor.

If there is a better designed friction drive mounting setup I have not seen it.

Made in China quality.

BMP should copy this design and add a bracket on the other side to hold a small generator to charge a battery and run lights.

edit : and they should all work on better brackets that don't vibrate loose and make the roller out of align with the tire. I think this is the main cause of excess tire wear.

And round off the square corners some. All the square corners make it look unfinished.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back