Anyone else go electric?

cruiser4884

Local time
4:26 PM
I did! Got tired of all the bs gas motors create after 8 years of riding/building. Got a juiced hyper scorpion and SO STOKED!!!!
IMG_20220325_150029993_HDR.jpg

Nice ride! Welcome to the forum. You must live somewhere warm? Your vegetation/plants look good. Theres a dedicated electric section here as well. Hope to hear more about your new ride. I'd love to try electric bike, but the one I'd like to have is about $3000.

I was thinking of going electric this year but the math just did not work, I like to go for long rides ~6 ~9 hours and sometimes over 150 close to 200 Km I think batteries alone would come out to ~$3000
Wow, that's a lot of riding! Mine is just for commuting around town. Perfect for that and actually pulls faster than my last 2 stroke build. I run it throttle only and get 30+mph. Throttle only and i am getting about 25 miles on a single charge. I am very happy with it for my needs

Nice ride! Welcome to the forum. You must live somewhere warm? Your vegetation/plants look good. Theres a dedicated electric section here as well. Hope to hear more about your new ride. I'd love to try electric bike, but the one I'd like to have is about $3000.
Thanks! I've actually been a member for years just never post anything lol. Not warm at all here. Eugene, OR. Things just started to bloom in the last few days. As far as the $3000, mine was $2800 so I hear you! Worth every penny for my needs

30+mph. Throttle only and i am getting about 25 miles on a single charge
Just looked them up Brand new it looks like around $3000 and it gets about 70 miles on a charge, I guess that means you probably have to peddle a lot.
If I go electric I would not be peddling too much and probably get the same mileage as you are getting.

I had electrics a few years before I recently built a couple of 2 strokes (in frame and a friction). The electrics are very nice, and you can ride them anywhere, with practically no maintenance ( I haven't done anything except air for over 1000 miles on one of my bikes), friends of mine have over 5K with nothing but tires and pads. My Solex was the e bike of it's day 50 years ago, fuel efficient, quiet, cheap and durable, and it still serves that same purpose today. If you keep things a long time like I do, the downside of the e bikes may be battery replacement/sourcing/cost. Fuel bike parts are still way cheaper, a new engine is sometimes 1/3 of the cost of a battery pack. I like having both.

Back