Anyone Familiar With Airless Tires?

Jesus that's a lot of replies, well my opinion still stands, certainly a solid tire will always hurt more than the air filled counterpart, that's life.

At least these people make them in a size that fits a bike wheel, not sure who takes hard turns at 40 but I don't think I would on anything with 2 inch wide tires and lacking one of those sturdy metal cages and human retaining system (seat belts.) I guess if one knew which model was least likely to fly off that would be a plus, or at least knowing which tire fits which rim tightest to lower the chances. Facts are if you fill it with air then it can spring a leak, bicycle tires and space stations included, and once you've eliminated it (which can only be a solid if you want to eliminate possibilities of a leak) you have to have something that just won't behave like air (or any compressible fluid for that matter.)

Sure changing the mixture up will help ease the road strain, that's a given, but it's still a solid or a solid with a lot of little air bubbles inside it, until you switch to a spring design like those more modern wheels sport you'll always have something that just really wants to resist compression and lacks a noticeable bit at absorbing the differences in a road surface as quickly as a pneumatic tire can.

One experiment.

Trying to achieve airless.

By learning from his mistake in transferring the product from 1 container to another, exempting the atmosphere for curing, I would think the next advancement would be:

Take the tube out of the tire chuck it, replace the tire shake the cans stick the tube in the port use a flexible foam spray while slowly spinning tire over the rim.

If not enough ambient air to cure the product use a drill on sidewalls perforated to allow air in or use air pump with needle, puncture & pump!

Saw another video they have the right s**t got to trace it back and acquire it.

He did not use the Noodles, he used pipe insulation from the plumbing department.

Well, did it work?
I can't til the difference between the Home depot and The Dollar store noodle only the price a buck vs. $54.00

I did watch a Schwalbe video dissected foam tube the guy compress it in his hand it was or even look to soft to use.

Even if the foam does not harden in the tire its 20 Xs more sticky and more viscosity compared to green slime which amounts to water, flour, and soak newspaper you can make yourself save some money Id throw in a bottle of Elmer's glue too, I use to make slime when I was a kid.

Uploaded another video last night, but it's not on the board, about how unaffected green snot slime was.

Well, did it work?
I can't til the difference between the Home depot and The Dollar store noodle only the price a buck vs. $54.00

I did watch a Schwalbe video dissected foam tube the guy compress it in his hand it was or even look to soft to use.

Per the article, yes it worked, cost based on his links to parts and supplies about $12, but I know I can buy the drip tube in shorter pieces so I can knock off about $4, or make at a cost of $8. We usually ride on our ranch, we have grass burrs and mesquite thorns to deal with, it is a fun way to check on the livestock for feed and hay needs. But having a flat is not having fun. These toys are cheaper than UTV's and 4 wheelers, but bicycle tires are not as effective to use around stickers mesquite thorns.

Per the article, yes it worked, cost based on his links to parts and supplies about $12, but I know I can buy the drip tube in shorter pieces so I can knock off about $4, or make at a cost of $8. We usually ride on our ranch, we have grass burrs and mesquite thorns to deal with, it is a fun way to check on the livestock for feed and hay needs. But having a flat is not having fun. These toys are cheaper than UTV's and 4 wheelers, but bicycle tires are not as effective to use around stickers mesquite thorns.

Do you have any pics what the tires look like when you sit on the bike?
Do you have a motorized bike?

How does it ride on pavement speeds around 30MPH and how about turns does it want to throw the tire off the rim and does it slide in the tire and what is your tire width?
Some guys in the UK have a similar setup.

Well, did it work?

What are these 54 dollar pool noodles you keep talking about, I'm not seeing a single link to anything like that, just a hotlink advertisement set up that automatically creates links out of random selections of text in the page, if you click it it takes you to a related sales page on that type of object. When I click it it gives me an Amazon listing for a 35 pack of red pool noodles for the fair price of $89. I thinks you may be getting the goat from their advertising bot..

How does it ride on pavement speeds around 30MPH and how about turns does it want to throw the tire off the rim and does it slide in the tire and what is your tire width?
He's saying that it would be a solution, not that it was his solution, it seems he's forced to ride around on 4 wheels with rubber as thick as your pinky for tires being a bicycle would soon fall short to the terrain.

Apparently you did not read the article, I suggest you read it, all of your questions are covered in the link I posted.

What are these 54 dollar pool noodles you keep talking about, I'm not seeing a single link to anything like that, just a hotlink advertisement set up that automatically creates links out of random selections of text in the page, if you click it it takes you to a related sales page on that type of object. When I click it it gives me an Amazon listing for a 35 pack of red pool noodles for the fair price of $89. I thinks you may be getting the goat from their advertising bot..

Someone sent me a link with a price tag don't know who it was.

Back