Anyone Familiar With Airless Tires?

Ok it might work very iffy if you fill the hole with flexible foam try to get it to fatten up on a 2 1/4" tube length 6' for $1.60 got find a rim to experiment with.
IMG_20180909_160701567.jpg
IMG_20180909_160643313.jpg
IMG_20180909_160643313.jpg

Here's a possible new innovation for those with a few bucks.

Take the stem out of the tube keeping the tire one the rim have a cap handy next take 3 to 4 cans of flexible foam spray

If anyone tries, please let me know about test results if it works I'm next!
there's this Russian guy on YouTube tries all kind of wheel experiments, tho on cars. one was insulation foam, but not the flexible kind. I'll look if he's done it and ask if not. Garage 54 Eng. really funny :LOL:

there's this Russian guy on YouTube tries all kind of wheel experiments, tho on cars. one was insulation foam, but not the flexible kind. I'll look if he's done it and ask if not. Garage 54 Eng. really funny :LOL:

Post a video link to find it.

Notice different styles of tires have different speeds finally broke down had to buy regular tires.
I had on Bell 2.125 cruisers flat almost no tread.
Replace with Bell white wall 2.125 cruiser, feel like I'm going 3 mph faster and smoother, however, its unofficial cuz this is my second computer crap out. But it was the same 13-mile route and I shaved 15 minutes off the trip!

here's a link to the comical Russian guy trying foam in car tires-
he's more or less a car guy, so no response when I asked about flexible foam in bike tires vid. he does some fun stuff and some are kind of practical like 10,000 sheet metal screws in tires for on ice was one of the best :LOL:

How heavy are these tires? I have Kevlar inserts. Its a strip goes inside between tire and tube. Ive picked up screws. Nails and other road debris. Tires stay inflated unless the tires integrity itself has been compromised. Meaning. Puncture actually rips open tire. But these Kevlar barriers work well.

here's a link to the comical Russian guy trying foam in car tires-
he's more or less a car guy, so no response when I asked about flexible foam in bike tires vid. he does some fun stuff and some are kind of practical like 10,000 sheet metal screws in tires for on ice was one of the best :LOL:

Nah, Ivan is having same problem as the other guy, now new possible theory on the foam pipe insulators there is a cut runs down the center open it up your gonna 6' 4" cuz just a bit too short take your flexible foam run it all the way down the middle you can watch see what your doing. Next just let it dry for couple of days. That solves both of their problem foam is unable to dry.

On the threshold of success
A+ Gallery_7.jpg

DIY Schwalbe foam tires homemade after a couple days the foam hardens it feels good to squash it only goes down 1/4" and that it is to be used for compression in placement to prevent it from sliding.
IMG_20180918_093651089.jpg

It looks a mess and it is you need plastic throwaway gloves lost good pair s**t won't come off hands baking soda help and is really good for hand soap when working with greasy chains.
Ok, learned from my hind site need a gauge a jig to get uniformity maybe to cut a 10" piece of tire off slide it around tire when filling foam. Also might be good idea use petroleum jelly.
Now, I half to force my self go back and polish it off. I hate the crap but so far so good.

Another angle of attack to achieve objective: Take an old rim use sawzsal cut 4" section take prefer size use four sections to form uniformity place in the tire fill in 1/4 section flexible foam using a grease section of the 4" rim wipe the foam to get to contour into the new rim groves once cured for couple days assemble.
That way one can bypass the pipe foam compression.

Back