Anyone Familiar With Airless Tires?

inspectorcritic

Local time
7:28 AM
Screenshot_20180902-131629.png

I had 2 flats in 2 days and since there is such weight and velocity it trashes the tire out can't patch it need to buy another tuff thick tube the green slime has been exploding out of the tube not doing a damn thing to help.

I put the new tube in next day tire flat I ran my glove fingers all the way around the inside didn't detect anything. This time I took my glove off found it just little tiny needle I could not see could not take a picture of it either sliver so small put whole bike agenda down for the day!
Hate the fuking idea being so vulnerable got to be a bitter way.
IMG_20180831_133959860.jpg
IMG_20180901_132153097.jpg

Never heard of them before today, they look interesting though and the reviews aren't bad, and the small extra rolling resistance that has got to be there (at least it's there on hills in reviews) doesn't mean much with a motor.

I could see myself buying these, I really hate flats so anything that will actually prevent such a thing is worth it, not to mention you can ride it till you got half a centimeter of tire between the road and the rim and still go places! I hate buying new tires too, these will do the job of many sets lol!

They claim it takes 5000 miles to wear down 1.5 mm of rubber. Something like riding from California to Florida then back then back California.

I had the Bell No Flat on one rim thing was it was a 26 x 1.95 I had to use Mt. Bike treads that last about 2 months. I ride pavement need stability of 2.25 they don't make them in that size.

The solid rubber was ok however I did lose 1 tire to damage on installing it but running a cruiser with a meat thread made it awful squirley and moderately dangerous.

WOOOH STOP: Before you buy, been checking out on internet solid rubber tires there are at least half s dozen at half to 1/3 the price and the sizes go up to 2.125 for Husky solid rubber no flat Tannus only goes up to 1.75 and they want $80.00 for 1 tire.

Last edited:
Another effort at solid tires that's doomed to fail. Folks have been trying for over 100 years to come up with one that can match a pneumatic tire in ride, durability etc.. All have failed.

What happens WHEN you bust a spoke. All that time and effort and more to get it off ? I am sure the shop's just absolutely love them. So will you on the side of the road. Just my opinion here. But hey if it works, run it.

Last edited:
I know from experience solid tires and the other option solid tubes Suck!
A friend bought them for me some years ago because I got flats from riding in a construction zone 3 days in a row.
The ride is like a Brick! Handling goes to s**t.
Tires roll off the rim in a hard braking turn. The solid tubes slide around inside the tire and make you think you have a flat and they make your tires wear funny.

I just double up on tube protector strips and Slime tubes. Now I rarely have flats.

What happens WHEN you bust a spoke. All that time and effort and more to get it off ? I am sure the shop's just absolutely love them. So will you on the side of the road. Just my opinion here. But hey if it works, run it.

I think at that point you buy a new wheel. Looking at the effort required to install the tire makes me think it just isn't going to come off unless you cut it off.

Back