Anyone have a bike stolen or almost?

I always secure my bike when left alone in public. I limit the amount of time I leave my secured bike alone in public. I have 2 alarms, a cell phone notifier, and a tracking chip on my bike. When I'm done riding for the day my bike is stored in a locked storage building. I also have a camera security system around my house.

Though my town is small (5000) we do have a lot of addicts living here.

It's bad here, if it's not nailed down, they'll steal it. BBQ propane tanks with fuel in them are the rage now. Small towns used to be a refuge against big city life, no more huh J? Delivery packages, there's a 50% chance it won't be there when you check for it. Catalytic converters are disappearing in vast #'s too.

Screenshot_20230409_103955_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230409_103955_Facebook.jpg

I've never had a bike stolen.
I always secure my bike when left alone in public. I limit the amount of time I leave my secured bike alone in public. I have 2 alarms, a cell phone notifier, and a tracking chip on my bike. When I'm done riding for the day my bike is stored in a locked storage building. I also have a camera security system around my house.

Though my town is small (5000) we do have a lot of addicts living here.
My town is only about 3000. Theft really isn't that bad in my town other than crack heads stealing car batteries. Although I do live in a county with a high rate of petty theft.

I put a keyed ignition switch on my Sportsman Flyer just to deter amateurs.
A cable lock did not deter who ever stole my Quicksilver MX.

Tom
Hi Tom,

Just a note of condolence for you.

I had heard about your dear friend, Gene Peterson, had just passed away some days ago and I do know how much it hurts to lose someone close to you...At our ages now, we tend to lose more and more loved ones as time marches on, and I know that nothing makes it easier to accept.

Hi Tom,

Just a note of condolence for you.

I had heard about your dear friend, Gene Peterson, had just passed away some days ago and I do know how much it hurts to lose someone close to you...At our ages now, we tend to lose more and more loved ones as time marches on, and I know that nothing makes it easier to accept.
Just show the neighbors "whipper snapper" all your old tricks for making things work again. It'll give you a friend and you can pass on your knowledge.

Back