Anyone have a Disc Drive sprocket adapter?

Spare_Parts

Local time
4:12 PM
Looking for some better info on the Disc Drive sprocket adapter from MB Rebel.
https://mbrebel.com/product/disc-drive-sprocket-adapter-9-chainring-bolt-style/

Would like to know what the thickness of the flanges is. They give offset and overall but no flange size. I could assume that they are both 1/4" but know better than to do that.

*EDIT*
Large flange with 9 holes is 1/8" thick and 6 hole flange is 1/4" thick.

Last edited:
Does this help
608F209B-A40F-456B-8E61-F23CA1942B4A.jpeg
A811F6D9-6D22-4CC7-9259-F4D62E039C24.jpeg

Crikey only 3mm offset (plus the thickness of the sprocket) isn't much! For single speed bicycles (beach cruisers) no doubt. I have 13mm offset on my home made/ adapted adaptor (plus the thickness of the (thinner) sprocket) but that's a 135mm OLD mountain bike type hub.

It looks as though the inner and outer flanges have a 3.5mm difference in the thickness of the plate, is that so? What are the thicknesses? I think the OP wants to know how much further outboard his disc rotor will sit when the inner flange is sandwiched between the hub and rotor.

Last edited:
Thanks Stoneman but the Disc Drive is a 9 hole adapter.
think the OP wants to know how much further outboard his disc rotor will sit when the inner flange is sandwiched between the hub and rotor.
Yup. Also if I mounted the sprocket on the other side of the flange what that offset would be.

Thanks Stoneman but the Disc Drive is a 9 hole adapter. Yup. Also if I mounted the sprocket on the other side of the flange what that offset would be.
That IS a nine hole adapter, it just has six out of the nine holes drilled. Although, it requires a sprocket with that particular nine hole pattern which may be different from the kit nine hole pattern.
This is why I made my adapter for a commonly used mountain bike sprocket instead.. Much easier and cheaper for me to try different tooth counts or get replacements since I'm not even in the USA.
I'm sure some/one of the top hat adapters is available in different offset sizes if your bike has a wider OLD.

This one is different than most of the other adapters. Funny how every other dimension is given. I'm going to contact them to see if they can get the measurements for me. I'll post what they tell me.

38-offset-34-inch-total-thickness-Back-MBRebel.com_-600x600.jpg

This one is different than most of the other adapters. Funny how every other dimension is given. I'm going to contact them to see if they can get the measurements for me. I'll post what they tell me.

View attachment 81751
Looks like a lot more offset on the MBRebel one, should be good for a 135mm OLD! :)
Though why they think we need nine 10mm bolts is a mystery to me. :rolleyes:

Back