Anyone have a link to bike light I can run off my magneto

inspectorcritic

Local time
2:51 AM
Gee I got that white wire I would like to use it suppose to be 7.5 volts 0.5 amps anything hire the bike won't run.
So for safety, I would like to run a BRIGHT headlight possibly LED with enough lumens to see.

The next problem, I wanted a BRIGHT tail light too so if the max is 7.5 volts I guess I half to divided it by 2 something like 3.75 volts gee I can't picture that light being very bright unless there has been a major break thru.

Gee I got that white wire I would like to use it suppose to be 7.5 volts 0.5 amps anything hire the bike won't run.
The white wire is almost useless for what you want to do...The setup is barely enough power to keep a good spark...This is what i did instead and the light is quite bright, has a solar panel to keep it up to charge while in sunlight, has a wall charger via USP to wall socket or computer USB, and even has a horn with 5 or 6 sounds you can change, and comes with its own tailight as well, easily mountable too, All for under 25 dollars...See the video that shows in this ad to see it working and hear what the horn sounds like...DAMIEN

For around 15 dollars, i bought an exra set of two identical tailights for extra rear lighting as well.

Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The white wire is almost useless for what you want to do...The setup is barely enough power to keep a good spark...This is what i did instead and the light is quite bright, has a solar panel to keep it up to charge while in sunlight, has a wall charger via USP to wall socket or computer USB, and even has a horn with 5 or 6 sounds you can change, and comes with its own tailight as well, easily mountable too, All for under 25 dollars...See the video that shows in this ad to see it working and hear what the horn sounds like...DAMIEN

For around 15 dollars, i bought an exra set of two identical tailights for extra rear lighting as well.

So how many lumens is the light?
I don't see too much hope in those solar chargers bought 3 cell phone chargers not one of them work, unless you used the USB.

Now I'm thinking of just one of those headlamps from Walmart 3 AAA batteries 200 lumens plus 3.6 volts to power it what kind of a volt splitter could I get to regulate the 7.5 volt magneto I could run both head and tail light.

I bought one those BBR CDIs suppose to have extra voltage power but I still have not noticed any change in performance.

I also want to buy a car battery put on my language rack to run 2 lights for a scientific survey of the city.
Do you think 7.5 volts at 0.5 amps will be enough to charge it?

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I don't see too much hope in those solar chargers bought 3 cell phone chargers not one of them work, unless you used the USB.

I dont see much hope in recommending anything to you either since you already have your mind made up.

I also have no idea what the heck your "cell phone chargers" have anything to do with a lighting set that happens to have a solar collector built into it.

This light set just happens to have the USB ports built in where you can also charge and/or use your phone with it as well, and mine has always worked...for 5 years now.

All i can tell you is i've been running this lighting set for 5 years now with no problems...I dont care about lumen "claims" from manufacurers either, i only know its as bright as most car headlights.

Do what you want to do...Im totally done helping with any recommendations with you because you just dont listen to people with real world, actual,
experience on almost everything you have ever asked here in the forums as regarding these bikes and accessories...Good luck to you in your future endeavours...DAMIEN

Last edited:
You will need to install a generator either 6 or 12 volt.

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Oh I tried that s**t trip too, bought it from gazbike the damn things fell apart in my hands, but tried them I'm not sure if my voltage rating of the light was excessive or not but even being totally separated from the mag it still drain my CDI had very poor performance.

I just ordered on eBay some resistors to make a voltage splitter there ain't one place in town of 500,000 with a electronics outlet.

So I am hoping that if I run a regular LED light anywhere from 50 lumens to 450 lumens all run the same voltage 3.5 volts that I can supply it without it sucking my spark plug dry, keeping my fingers cross.
Have a nice thanks for the attempted help.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Do you have one that is on and working, without problems?

They also mention you may need to buy a rectifier to get a DC current.

No, never tried it, just saw it and thought I would mention it.
Thanks they look better quality than gazbikes and they did mention you have got to tip-toe from one light to the next find AC vs DC vs some other unknown factors.
I'll try to be a little bit more scientific on the attempt.

Just asking... Why are you worried about lights ?? When you can't keep 4 or 5 motors running for more than 2 miles. :unsure:

Back