Anyone Have Experince With Magneto 12 Volt Generator?

Bad news on the 12v lighting coil (unless I got a defective one) I jigged it up in the drill press RPM4263, Volts AC5.6-7.2 no load, coil 005.jpg coil 006.jpg 6volt 10 watt light bulb load nothing, not a glimmer and voltage drop to 2.2volts The coil ohms 2.4 I disconnected the grounded side of the coil and checked for a short to ground no short. next is to bed the two coils together with a iron powder epoxy to help with the magnetic couple, it is a 1mm gap all around.

Last edited:
IMG_20171204_112037.jpg
Well the thing has arrive today 30 bucks I'm getting too carried away now I need a light to hook it to got any link leads?

View attachment 80199 Well the thing has arrive today 30 bucks I'm getting too carried away now I need a light to hook it to got any link leads?
It don't work, wouldn't light a fart.
My apology, this remark was a bit premature and in error, with further work I got the coil to put out approximately 9 1/4 watts, enough to power a descent led headlight.

Last edited:
OK this is what it would light one piss ant little led.coil 007.jpg
With further work I got it to work well, it will power a led headlight.

Last edited:
I'm awaiting parts from China, on a slow boat, this hopefully will make this coil produce, it puts out approximatily 9.25 watts but not in a usable form, the thing is to transform it to a usable form.

Back