Anyone Have Experince With Magneto 12 Volt Generator?

inspectorcritic

Local time
4:59 AM
Gaz bike so far found has a half magneto that butts up with the common magneto for bike lighting with out leaching from the stock magneto it producer 12 volts how many miliamps I ponder.

Also seen seen some guy on zootube with one but there hard to seaqrch for cuz throws one into different catgories too popular.

And is that why they would call this a generator because produces DC current and I think magnetos produce AC

I got a Solar Flood light f*** work really good 7500 lumens but the damn brain has a lose short dought if Ican pull the ribits out to fix it.

Anyone got a link to 12 volt LED around a thousand lumens or more?

Go to the thread
head and running light on a 12 volt system
and read post #19

Actually I'm in the process of building a test fixture that will spin the crank on the bench. That way I can take accurate measurements of different charging coils and regulators without hanging off to the side of the bike while I wiz down the street at 30MPH. Trying to steer with my feet while holding an oscilloscope in one hand and a volt meter in the other swapping out different regulators and load resistors while dodging traffic is problematic. Instead I plan on taking measurements while sitting at the bench drinking a beer and not getting flattened by a harried housewife in a minivan. :eek:

I'm hoping it will run the entire range from idle up to 8,000 or so RPM. Look for some charging system data and working schematics later this year. I think we can actually put together a inexpensive working system from near off the shelf parts. I've already talked to some vendors about offering modified components so it will be an easy bolt together without having to start soldering coils and crap.

As soon as I get my variable speed motors and controllers from Aliexpress we'll be in business. :D

A lot of the LED replacement bulbs for the H2,H3,H4 Halogens have built in power regulators and will run on 9-36VDC so depending on what the add on coil puts out it might only need a full bridge rectifier.

I'm looking for lots of lumens if I can get 1.2 amp I can go automotive I think it was 3000 lumens but I dought its gonna crank much in amps.

I'm looking for lots of lumens if I can get 1.2 amp I can go automotive I think it was 3000 lumens but I dought its gonna crank much in amps.
I have one but not installed, engine is being rebuilt, but from the looks of it at about 4000 rpm I wouldn't be surprised to see 30 watts.

Actually I'm in the process of building a test fixture that will spin the crank on the bench. That way I can take accurate measurements of different charging coils and regulators without hanging off to the side of the bike while I wiz down the street at 30MPH. Trying to steer with my feet while holding an oscilloscope in one hand and a volt meter in the other swapping out different regulators and load resistors while dodging traffic is problematic. Instead I plan on taking measurements while sitting at the bench drinking a beer and not getting flattened by a harried housewife in a minivan. :eek:

I'm hoping it will run the entire range from idle up to 8,000 or so RPM. Look for some charging system data and working schematics later this year. I think we can actually put together a inexpensive working system from near off the shelf parts. I've already talked to some vendors about offering modified components so it will be an easy bolt together without having to start soldering coils and crap.

As soon as I get my variable speed motors and controllers from Aliexpress we'll be in business. :D
I was hoping to build a bench test unit myself. I've been working on a full bridge rectifier / regulator to charge li-ion batteries at 8.4 vdc.
My head lamp is 7500 lumens (according to advertizing). It came with a 4 cell li-ion battery pack. I have since built a 6 cell pack.
I also have a 12v mini gen. I'm also using a cheep china made tail, brake,turn ($6.oo). Ive drawn all the schematics, and am using EASY eda to
do the PCBs. With a crank and case half, some pulleys, bearings and variable speed motor I can build different charging coils.
I would also like to learn moore about the coil that runs the CDI. Would like to wrap my own, dedicated to ignition only (NO white wire).
If anyone can tell me what the specs are for the CDI and stator coil, that would be helpful.
If I had the bench test set up, I would get the information from components that I know work. Then possibly improve on them for my riding style and habits
WFO all the time. LoL

I was hoping to build a bench test unit myself. I've been working on a full bridge rectifier / regulator to charge li-ion batteries at 8.4 vdc.
My head lamp is 7500 lumens (according to advertizing). It came with a 4 cell li-ion battery pack. I have since built a 6 cell pack.
I also have a 12v mini gen. I'm also using a cheep china made tail, brake,turn ($6.oo). Ive drawn all the schematics, and am using EASY eda to
do the PCBs. With a crank and case half, some pulleys, bearings and variable speed motor I can build different charging coils.
I would also like to learn moore about the coil that runs the CDI. Would like to wrap my own, dedicated to ignition only (NO white wire).
If anyone can tell me what the specs are for the CDI and stator coil, that would be helpful.
If I had the bench test set up, I would get the information from components that I know work. Then possibly improve on them for my riding style and habits
WFO all the time. LoL
I got that solar flood light 7500 lumens it crap out had to buy precision mini torex wrenchs open it up found the coil just laying inside looks like a ring with copper wire roll around it also seen a similar coil on Youtube guy claims you can use it for your own wifi if you put a rare earth magnet on both sides but it might be bulls**t too.

In this big town guesss 2 million ppl there is not one electronics store, wanted buy liquid solder patch it back in.
Just did another stupid thing just order the 12 volt generator for 30 bucks without knowing how many miliamps it puts out I guess I'm gonna cry if its just enough for a 4 watt Chines incandescent lamp which is about half a Bic lighter worth of lumens. I don't know where you can find spec for that gadget might half to speak chinese to find it.

I have one but not installed, engine is being rebuilt, but from the looks of it at about 4000 rpm I wouldn't be surprised to see 30 watts.
Where a good source of 12 volt LED there is no mention of lighting to go with it I'll need need the light housing too.

Back