anyone here tried the spookytooth expansion chamber?

motorpsycho

Local time
6:16 AM
just wondering if anyone here has the expansion chamber from spookytooth for ther chinese motors.
i'm wanting to get one, but i am unsure if it will fit on my bike (because i have a 20" frame). i'm just wondering if anyone can tell me how much bigger / how much more curve it has in it than the stock pipe. the stock pipe is kind of like an "L" shape and i had to bend it slightly to keep it from hitting the ground. the expansion chamber seems to be bent in more of a "C" shape which might be fine for me.
if anyone has tried it, what were the results? spooky claims a 1/2 h.p. gain and i'm not doubting that because an expansion chamber kind of acts like a supercharger by cramming unburned fuel back into the cylinder.

I have one on a frame mount 26''. There is about 1/4''-3/8'' clearance from front tire. Was surprized the inlet hole was not larger. If you have enlarged cylinder you need to make the exhaust bigger too. Did try it both ways and opened up was a great improvement. Same time added their carb. The combination is noticed in preformance.
Its silly fast with the 32t sprocket from Jim.
Would not recomend on a 20'' unless you stretched the frame. But would recomend the pipe. A bit loud but worth it.

I didn't like mine and put it in storage and resorted back to the SBP tuned pipe.

I didn't notice much power but my neighbor's did notice the much louder noise of the bike/engine.

They have an add-on muffler for like $6 that takes the sharp out of it.

The kit comes with different angle adapters to set it up to your bike. Well worth the money.

i like the adjustability of the sbp pipe, but i do not like the way it hangs so low.
actually i think the sbp pipe would be way too long for my little 20" frame.
i have just enough room for the stock pipe / muffler to fit and i had to bend the stock pipe to bring the muffler up closer to the frame.

i have a lowrider chopper springer front end on my bike, which puts the front wheel out further than with stock type forks. clearance with my 20" frame is the big issue. the stock muffler is tucked up under the peddle crank case and aimed at the rear tire.
im not concerned about the noise of the expansion chamber...i'm more concerned with mid-upper range power gains, and IF it will even fit on my bike.
see pic. for how my stock muffler is right now.
bikenew1005.jpg

Last edited:
Back