Anyone here use the newer Skyhawk GT5A Angle Fire 2 stroke engine?

Ok now I'm wondering, Can the sprocket on the GT5A be moved to the left? I want to make my chain clear a 3 wide tire with a direct drive.
That would require offset mounts or custom mounts because for the chain to clear a 3" tire it needs just over a 1/2" offset!

How bout mounting a 2 stroke on a 4 stroke mounting plate? I imagine that would offer a simpler & easier solution for side to side adjustment. Has that ever been done before? Does anyone sell an adapter for that?

How bout mounting a 2 stroke on a 4 stroke mounting plate? I imagine that would offer a simpler & easier solution for side to side adjustment. Has that ever been done before? Does anyone sell an adapter for that?
I've never seen any mounts to adapt the 2 stroke to the 4 stroke mount. But with some fabrication skills I'm sure it could be done as long as your frame has room for it. Might be a good option.

I'm thinking about maybe getting some longer engine mount studs & bending them 30 to 40 degrees to fit the 4 stroke mounting plate then clamping them down with locknuts & two rectangular metal plates placed between the 2 stroke engine & 4 stroke mounting plate. Might have to drill some extra slots for the back mount as it is smaller than the front on the GT5 from the looks of it. I try to avoid fabricating from scratch as much as possible when it comes to my mods as fabrication tools are too expensive for me. Most I can do is maybe cut & drill but thats about it. Can the mounting studs be removed & swapped for longer ones in the GT5?

I'm thinking about maybe getting some longer engine mount studs & bending them 30 to 40 degrees to fit the 4 stroke mounting plate then clamping them down with locknuts & two rectangular metal plates placed between the 2 stroke engine & 4 stroke mounting plate. Might have to drill some extra slots for the back mount as it is smaller than the front on the GT5 from the looks of it. I try to avoid fabricating from scratch as much as possible when it comes to my mods as fabrication tools are too expensive for me. Most I can do is maybe cut & drill but thats about it. Can the mounting studs be removed & swapped for longer ones in the GT5?
You understand tools are an investment, with them you'll be able to make parts from scratch by the dozens, in the long run you'll save money if you can fabricate things yourself

My dream shop tool would be to own my own CNC machine so I can make my own custom 4 stroke Transmissions, motor adapters & other parts but CNC machines are very expensive. I do still need a welding unit to make improvements to my build & future builds. Been eyeing one on Amazon for less than $100.

Getting my Skyhawk 2 stroke soon. Just waiting on some extra money to come through. To bad Bicycle Eengines doesn't sell the GT5A complete kits anymore unless you buy the Skyhawk bike frame with wheels. My bike is pretty much setup to be motorized already anyways. Also got a sprocket adapter & replacd the crappy plastic fuel line with a rubber fuel line & got a good magnetic inline fuel filter.The kit stuff that comes with the Skyhawk frame/GT5A combo looks like the junk stuff anyways. Its better to just buy a motor by itself that way I can select the type of exaust & carburetor & CDI I want with it. I'm using the standard NT carb because its cheap & I know it works & I plan to get the expansion flex exaust with the silencer to keep the noise down & increase performance some & getting the upgraded CDI with the red spark plug wire. Looking to get the SickBikeParts U bolt mounts for the front & back of the motor to mount it better to the frame & might be able to figure out how to offset it for wide tires with the SBP U clamps. Anyone know if the studs are 1.6 or 1.9 appart on the GT5A for the front mount?

Looks like Bicycle Engines just stopped selling or ran out of the GT5A 66cc 2 stroke motors. Real bummer to because I was right about to buy one this week. Looks like I'll have to settle for the Zeda 80 kit since they don't seem to sell the Zeda 80 motor by itsef. At least the Zeda complete kit costs about what the Skyhawk GT5A costed by itself. Anyone try Bicycle Engines Zeda 80 kit? If so how does it compare to the Skyhawk GT5A? Is it just another 66cc Skyhawk clone or is it any better than most of the other Skyhawk 'fleabay kit' cones? From the looks of it the Zeda seems to be made almost as well as the Skyhawk motors but hard to tell if there are no customer reviews.

Back