Anyone know anything about a motoforce 17.5mm carburetor with a manual choke?

Harddog96

Local time
11:35 AM
So I just recently got this I should go ahead and start by saying no I am a novice I just started May 26 working on scooters I don’t have a mechanical background I just figured why not learn on something small, so I’m rebuilding the whole motor from top end to the clutch, variator, intake and so forth. I bought a manual and I’m good at instructions or learning from someone hands on. But I digress. I can’t seem to find anything about this carb in particular. I know it’s a phva carburetor. It just has so many port’s on it I see the gas and air also the throttle and choke . I’ve decided to delete my oil so should I just seal the rest up with plugs? Or which ones need to not be sealed?

So I just recently got this I should go ahead and start by saying no I am a novice I just started May 26 working on scooters I don’t have a mechanical background I just figured why not learn on some small so I’m rebuilding the whole motor from top end to the clutch, variator, intake and so forth. I bought a manual and I’m good at instructions or learning from someone hands on. But I digress. I can’t seem to find anything about this carb in particular. I know it’s a phva carburetor. It just has so many port’s on it I see the gas and air also the throttle and choke . I’ve decided to delete my oil so should I just seal the rest up with plugs? Or which ones need to not be sealed?
Can you get us a pic of said carb? Pics help alot with things of this nature.

So I have a hose for air or vacuum whatever it’s for I know I have a hose for it then I know gas is on the backside. Oil I can plug since I’ll be premixing. One is machined into the carburetor. Is that runoff? Cause I had another drain like tube on the original. As for the other two I have no clue at all.

4653A062-D839-45E3-9B1A-F304311B1303.jpeg

So I have a hose for air or vacuum whatever it’s for I know I have a hose for it then I know gas is on the backside. Oil I can plug since I’ll be premixing. One is machined into the carburetor. Is that runoff? Cause I had another drain like tube on the original. As for the other two I have no clue at all.

View attachment 177048
I'm going to say the one cast into carb body might be a float bowl vent. If that 1 is not a float bowl vent I would say the very highest brass fitting is possibly a float bowl vent.

Just take off the float bowl and trace the hole and remove all doubt...lol.
Okay good idea. See I’m that new to this stuff my thought process isn’t there yet. I’ve had a little less than a month learning about anything mechanical. Like right now I’m in the middle of replacing my 1989 yamaha Zuma engine making it a 70cc and all new parts. Everything but wheels and plastics essentially.

You seem to be on the right track, I also started with no experience years ago.. the key is patience, use your camera, take pictures of the breakdown and you can rebuild anything. Good luck and have fun. You have found a good source of information here!

Back