Anyone know anything about a motoforce 17.5mm carburetor with a manual choke?

Harddog96

Local time
12:58 AM
So I just recently got this I should go ahead and start by saying no I am a novice I just started May 26 working on scooters I don’t have a mechanical background I just figured why not learn on something small, so I’m rebuilding the whole motor from top end to the clutch, variator, intake and so forth. I bought a manual and I’m good at instructions or learning from someone hands on. But I digress. I can’t seem to find anything about this carb in particular. I know it’s a phva carburetor. It just has so many port’s on it I see the gas and air also the throttle and choke . I’ve decided to delete my oil so should I just seal the rest up with plugs? Or which ones need to not be sealed?

Well so I had to mess with the air screw and tighten it all the way and only did one turn out so I think my pilot jet needs to be bigger. other than that the RPMs is what gets me. it doesn’t takeoff to like 3500 and then sometimes when I let off the gas after going say 30 mph it’ll stay revved up all the way until the stop sign and then like 5 seconds or so after. I did have the heaviest variator rollers, clutch spring and contra spring in. That’s what I initially thought was making it not takeoff. So I swapped it out with the lightest weight stuff but I don’t think that would make my bike rev more. I would feel like that would make it rev less.
Sounds like a air leak to me. Also if you dont have a big bore kit & pipe & all the goodies. The stiff contra might be to much for the stock engine to overcome. Rule of thumb on weights & springs the heavier or bigger you are, the heavier you want the springs & rollers. If your a little dude you want the lightest rollers & springs. That's a rule of thumb starting point for tuning your cvt shift points.

Get a spray bottle with some water in it and take it with you. When it won't idle down, mist around the carb and intake area. If it dies then you know you have an air leak.

Back