Anyone know anything about the bt-100 variant the "zeus t-100"? It has a different case than the bt-100, 50mm bore 40mm stroke from the looks of it.

extremeodd

Local time
12:01 AM
When browsing ebay to see what random motorized bicycle stuff was up today, I noticed a ton of listings for a U-Moto Zeus T-100 engine in the $125-200 price range for either just the engine or the full kit. Now what caught my attention was the fact that it looks quite a bit different than the bt-100 and isn't just a straight up clone.

Bt-100:

VS

Zeus T-100:

The shape of the transfers on the case of the t-100 (at least from the outside) closely resemble the 66cc engines where the bt-100 is a completely different casting. It almost appears as if this t-100 is simply a standard bottom end with a different piston/jug bolted on. At the very least, it's quite a bit cheaper than the bt-100 and it wouldn't be too hard to saw the top of the jug off to bolt a head on (if the bolt spacing is the same, can't find any info on that.

Here is an example listing from a USA seller that I was looking at as shipping would be quick to me being just a few hundred miles away:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-80cc-1...-ONLY-FOR-KITS-AND-BICYCLE-BONUS/123873676446

Could be a potentially interesting motor after some port work, squish band adjustment and a reed.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Your BT100 was the first 79cc two stroke I saw on utube about 2-3 months ago. I believe it had over-heating issues. Your T-100 or YD100 is the 79cc two stroke that is readily available now. I've read positive initial reviews on this.

I am pretty sure they do overheat and don't they also run a bit lean? like stock if you leave it as it comes?

I believe the yd100 uses the standard case and the bt 100 uses a new style case that will more easily accept a chainsaw jug from what I read about them earlier. Both use a one piece jug and head

I have no first hand knowledge on either, Cannonball2 is a long time builder from South Ga that just built a YD100. He has ran it hard from the start and says it is a low end torque engine. The eBay kit leans that way too with a 36 tooth sprocket in the kit.

I've been considering the eBay kit to try on one of my bikes, if I had the time to devote to a review I'd do it.

Back