Anyone know info on: $350 ebay rack kit - 4-stroke from LiveFastMotors

Tom

Local time
7:21 AM
I am thinking of getting one of these. I just asked the seller a question about the kit since it's not described in a whole lot of detail on the listing...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gas-Bicycle-Hon...oryZ7295QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone have advice? :confused:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
yeah...read the small print?

BRAND NEW 4-Cycle HONDA DESIGNED MOTOR and Chain Drive MOPED Complete KIT! (bicycle not included)(Honda Replica/copy)

:cool:that's $299+$51 shipping. cheap for me, since my friction drive cost me $421.95 on ebay. i DID get a genuine ROBIN engine, though.

hmm, to critique, not much info or pix offered, no closeups. not too sturdy mountings, but might work. gearing? maybe too high, but can't say without sprocket sizes.

i'll bet it's WAY undergeared.:rolleyes:

Gearing shouldnt be an issue since its a sprocket and I can easily get a different sized sprocket. I think that a centrifugal clutch would be best for the tandem i want to put this on.

Looks good on web...if you get one Tom keep us posted...love my GEBE kit...but what a price!!

azvinnie and myself have done business face to face with livefast
we can only vouch for the 2stroke stuff though
he is basically a re-seller (just buys wholesale to re-sell)
he has always done us right, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again
he doesn't know much technical stuff, but he is very cool with parts and taking care of you
the price does look reasonable !!!:cool:

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
:cool:anyone born before 1946 will remember when the words"made in Japan" meant that the product was really junk!:yuck:

The Chinese two stroke motors hardly have a reputation for quality, isn't that correct? What makes you think a four stroke copy of a Honda one made in China will even begin to approach a true Japanese motor?

While real Honda's have reliable histories, a "Hondalike" engine is really meaningless, painted red could be the only similarity.

And those pics sure don't have very sturdy looking mounts...

Just my opinion.

Back