Anyone know of a source for this motor?

If you look at the motor I'm referring to it's a 49cc 4 stroke the shape and size of a Honda gx35cc, not the tall HS 142f.

that scooter uses a 11inch rim just how small do you think it is now???

TIRES: 4.1" x 11" Pneumatic Qingda Race

gastank used is 1 liter not the 12ounce microtank used on the others

Yank your posts are very interesting but I'm interested in the motor in the LINK not the 142f, I'm not sure how to explain that in English any other way.

I'd be kind of leary without a model number of the engine. I have been aware of a 37cc Huasheng, but not a 49cc. Try finding a 49cc on Alibaba.com like the model posted on Scooter Wholesalers website. Without tearing down the engine and measuring the bore and stroke, your just trusting someone stating it's a 49cc engine. Scooter Wholesalers? No physical address posted anywhere on their website. O.K., they are listing Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in their Ebay listing, but are they physically located there?

Could be that the 49cc posted on Ebay listing and the Scooter Wholesalers website are new products, but again, I'd be leary unless they produced some documentation.

By the way, Don Grubee's brother is selling 53cc Huasheng's on Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271311059787?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649 So it's possible new products are in the pipeline.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Good advice Blue, I got a call in to the co for the engine model# so we'll see. This motor interests me the price is right and on a FD it will have a lower profile then the 142f. Clutch looks like its the weakest link on it, but that can be remedied easily with a HD clutch. With my experience with the 142f I'm confident this should be a quality motor, 49cc 4 stroke too.................setup with the pumper carb it's the perfect solution with my 96oz tank also. No need to add anything to it.

I finally got ahold of someone and something is fishy, even downright deceitful. The person I talked to said there is no model designation on this motor whatsoever and it's 1 to 1.4hp. Blue might be right this is the 37cc model or? I'm leary of this site...............could even be a Honda 31cc clone with such low hp rating. The 37cc should be 1.6hp at least.

Back