Anyone know where I can get phatmoto parts or did I get duped?

I have replaced many parts with common bicycle parts. I installed Rockshox forks, a nicer adjustable stem, nicer alloy bars, better quality brake levers, better quality rear brake calipers and pads, and nice Schwalbe Magic Mary tires. I have two 2019 Phatmotos and have completely reworked the drive train also. One version uses the original clutch modified to engage at higher rpms, the original primary chain, a freewheel primary driven sprocket, the original secondary chain, and a CNC aluminum secondary driven sprocket. The second drive train is belt driven. I used a Grubee clutch and freewheel sprocket typically on a HS142, The clutch has been modified to allow higher rpm engagement. Both bikes have different secondary drive sprocket also. Between the major gas bicycle parts suppliers, and electric bike parts suppliers anything you need can be found. I also used a GX100 clone carb for better tuning on one bike and a modified HS142 carb (same size) for even better tuning on the other.

Hey all. I'm new. Had my Phatmoto about 8 months now. Guess I'll need to find some new parts...jackshat and bearings. See what happens.

I have replaced many parts with common bicycle parts. I installed Rockshox forks, a nicer adjustable stem, nicer alloy bars, better quality brake levers, better quality rear brake calipers and pads, and nice Schwalbe Magic Mary tires. I have two 2019 Phatmotos and have completely reworked the drive train also. One version uses the original clutch modified to engage at higher rpms, the original primary chain, a freewheel primary driven sprocket, the original secondary chain, and a CNC aluminum secondary driven sprocket. The second drive train is belt driven. I used a Grubee clutch and freewheel sprocket typically on a HS142, The clutch has been modified to allow higher rpm engagement. Both bikes have different secondary drive sprocket also. Between the major gas bicycle parts suppliers, and electric bike parts suppliers anything you need can be found. I also used a GX100 clone carb for better tuning on one bike and a modified HS142 carb (same size) for even better tuning on the other.
Please let us know how that aluminum sprocket holds up. I haven't heard of such witch craft.

Sure you have. Haven't you used hub mounted sprocket adapters and cnc sprockets? I prefer the USA made versions made with 7075 T6 aircraft ali but I actually have a cheesy china sprocket that is a couple years old with hundreds of miles on it that still is like new.

Anyone know the dimensions for the in frame jackshaft...like how long and is it 5/8 or 3/4 diameter.

Last edited:
Just be careful if that’s a aluminum frame..always check for cracks with 212.T. Converter should keep you rpms under 5 grand if you remove govner.
Do you think a torque converter would for fit with the lifan motor?

Looks like the welds at the seat down tube and crank tube meet are not that great. Hard to tell in the pic tho

Back