Anyone Motorize a 29'er ?

Yea, I had my reservations... but I finally ordered the copper colored one a few minutes ago.

Presta valves & 3/32" chain seem kinda whack, but I love the rest of the bike and it's not possible to beat that price of $350. I just hope the rims come trued to perfection...

I'm stoked --

29" wheels. . . 2 chainrings. . . flip-flop hub with 2 cogs (1 freewheel, 1 fixie). . . no suspension. . . all for $350, a little patience, and a few minutes of my time to tighten a few components. I think I'll pat myself on the back now.

You can use any 700c tire on your bike that the other one would use. The previously mentioned Schwalbe Big Apple in 2.35 is a monster and balder than Kojac so it rolls well and soaks up bumps no problem.

Don't worry about the chain as it is the size that singlespeeders use and they put alot of torque on them all the time. Keep it clean and lubed and it should last a long time.

I had one of their geared bikes for awhile to check it out and it rode really well geometry wise also. The stock seatpost and stem were a little short however but I had some longer ones in the parts bin.

Have fun with it!

Don't worry about the chain as it is the size that singlespeeders use and they put alot of torque on them all the time. Keep it clean and lubed and it should last a long time.
Yea, I had actually read that single-speed freewheels are harder to find in 3/32", which makes since considering BMX freewheels are 1/8" I believe... and so are most road bikes, apparently. MTB w/ single-speed should definitely have 1/8" too, but whatevz. If Sheldon Brown says he prefers the 3/32" chain... I guess I shouldn't have any problem with this bike. :-D I wonder how many times a day somebody mentions the name Sheldon Brown...

I had one of their geared bikes for awhile to check it out and it rode really well geometry wise also. The stock seatpost and stem were a little short however but I had some longer ones in the parts bin.
Yea... that's what I'm reading. Hopefully I won't have to replace them right away, but I'm definitely expecting to replace both of those eventually. And I'll definitely be getting some street tires ASAP.

I'm definitely stoked. Can't wait to try the fixie mode! I've been wanting to try a fixed gear bike for so long now. This is gonna be awesome!!

Wonder if I'll be able to use this flip-flop hub to add a freewheel for a motor... but I'm thinking it won't spin in the right direction. Guess a Staton kit might work since the freewheel is located at the gearbox. Hmm...

Back