anyone noting that gas prices are spiking now?

mcdanida

I bought 110 gallons of high test and put into oil barrels I got from Jiffy Lube for free. Bought a hand pump for $17 at Northern Tool that fits those barrels. Cost was less than $2 per gal during Trump. Huge brain!

mcdanida

If you ever do this, you'll need a good dolly and a trailer to transport. They weigh over 400 lbs each when full.

Mudflap

During the oil embargo of the early 70s while waiting in a gas line I watched the driver of an old VW van fill up several 55 gallon drums with gas. When he pulled out of the gas station he ran over the curb with one of the rear wheels and tipped it over on its side. Gas was running out all over the road but it didn't catch fire. Be careful when storing gasoline.

YetiWoodz

Gas and scrap metal prices usually go up together. Bare bright copper is now $4.00/lb, a month ago it was $3.50, and before that it was less and less.

Will'smotobikes19

Most i can get around here in the area is $3.20 which is still more than a few years ago when it was barely $2 a lb like $1.90. Ewasteben says some crazy scrap numbers but that's a whole different country.

mark20

sh*ts getting real up here,
went to Menards to replace my broken 5gal gas can and they were completely out of every can except the 1 gal size left.

Decided to fill up all my cans in case it gets worse, saw 3 others doing the same thing.

Got 22gal of the good stuff, and filled up my car.
PXL_20210513_172208420.jpg

Last edited: