Anyone order from gasbike.net?

mountain80

Local time
11:36 AM
As the title states has anyone dealt with them? They seem to have a large selection of parts and reasonable prices, just wondering what they are like to deal with.

Cheers

Ordered/received/built - excellent order experience

I ordered on a Thursday and received on Wed via UPS ground. I placed order via phone - got real person. They shipped same day. Checked the next day via phone again go real person. They sent email about order and shipping next day (Friday).

When got kit - Good quality Chinese motor kit - included everything. Bought Loctite and some replacement nuts and bolts(with nylon insert - so wont back out). My opinion looking at most of the kits in the $120 to $150 range appear to be all same design but different mfg - but all parts appear to be same.

Anyway built two bikes during rainy weekend and following weekend finished with paint job on tanks and chain guards. Here is how they turned out.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28063509@N08/sets/72157614751738708/show/

All in all - very happy with the order/fulfillment process with GASBIKE.NET and highly recommend the kit. Invest in LocTite and bolts with the nylon inserts for engine mounts. Test Rides shake out what loosens due in part to vibration.

Here is what I recommend to put Loc-Tite/Permanex blue on:

- Put loctite on Air Filter screws - vibrate out
- Replace nuts on muffler mount - used the nuts with nylon inserts so they would not back out.
- Replaced engine frame mounts with new bolts with nylon inserts so they would not vibrate out.
- Also used old leather belt and old inner tubes to place on frame mounts to protect the original bike paint.

Everything else with kit is great - Riding for short stints brought out all the purchases of the above bolts/loctite. I imagine all kits no matter what quality will have some vibration issues and again - better to tighten and loctite bolts/nuts to be safe. :helmet:

Last edited:
Hey! Very impressive builds. Thanks for posting them.

PowerX86

I have 2 GasBike kits; but I've only installed one so far. I haven't anything to go on except what I read here. Mine doesn't vibrate much when under power or going down a slight slope; but if I go down a steep hill, it really vibrates bad, real bad, everything shakes. The bolts are tight, and other than that it runs well. What could it be? Should I put it in neutral when I go down hill? I haven't ridden anything like these before, and I don't know what to expect. Thank you.

.......but if I go down a steep hill, it really vibrates bad, real bad, everything shakes. The bolts are tight, and other than that it runs well. What could it be? Should I put it in neutral when I go down hill? I haven't ridden anything like these before, and I don't know what to expect. Thank you.

I always disengage the clutch when going down a long hill and let the engine just idle. If you use the engine as a brake for a long time, you may starve the engine of vital lubrication as the lube is carried by the fuel. I think that old two stroke cars had a freewheel clutch built in to prevent this sort of damage.

I'm sure that engine braking for short periods is fine, but if I am going down a long grade, I pull the clutch. YMMV

Arceeguy,

Thanks for the info. I was aware of that 2 stroke lube problem, but this vibrates as soon as I chop the throttle going down hill. I'm thinking it might be caused by the drive chain, because it's pretty tight, and the force is different when the counter-shaft sprocket is being driven instead of driving.

im thinking about ordering from them for an engine because of the price but now that i here what people are saying i think i might go with bike berry

I think zoombicycles.com kingsmotorbikes.com and gasbike.net are the same/connected owned by the same something like that. Correct me if I am wrong

I think zoombicycles.com kingsmotorbikes.com and gasbike.net are the same/connected owned by the same something like that. Correct me if I am wrong

Don't think that they are all the same. GasBike.Net is Nationwide Access, that is what Don Grube said.

The pictures of the kit is about what you get. I can't say on the Gas Bike kits I got one of the StarFire (China Gas) kits.

Don't bother reading what it says as a description of what you get. That information is incorrect. They told me they had an error and would fix the page. They fixed one thing but not all the other things that are wrong with the list. I pretty much have a line by line list of what is incorrect from the manufacturer, if you order the dual combo kit.

The warranty is not for 6 months, unless they personally are standing behind it, Grubee is not.

The chain guard was damaged, the muffler was scratched. This is due to poor packaging. They say they are sending me both, but the tracking number is for the original order. I have gotten a couple email indicating they shipped with the same original order tracking number, so I bet they will show up in the next few days. For my other issues they have given me a store credit, but don't sell what I want/wanted.

I plan pn posting a review if they are added to the list in the "Vendor Review" section. If not I will probably tag it on here when I have the replacement parts in hand.

Power King Rules

I've ordered 2 engine kits from GasBike, and 2 from Power King. The GasBikes are not bad, but the Power Kings are better. The fit and finish is better on the Power King, and it has 8mm head and cylinder studs, not 6mm like GasBike. I like the cables and other hardware better with Power King.

Also, Power King costs less, and they accept offers. I wanted a 50cc kit from Power King. They wanted $109.00 for it with free shipping. Plus there was a $5.00 insurance charge. I made them an offer, and they sold the 50cc kit with free shipping to me for $105.00 including the insurance. What a deal. Also, the 80cc kit I bought from them was only $119.00 with free shipping.

Power King people are very nice, friendly, and easy to get along with. My first engine from them was damaged in shipment. The carton had a hole ripped in it, and the coil was missing. The gas tank was damaged too. Power King sent me replacement parts immediately without any problem. I won't buy from anyone else.

Hi Gang...

I am not in here very ofter but I wanted to answer a few questions and make a few comments...

powerx86 - we are very happy to hear your order was packed OK and in good working order. If your order wasn't received properly then you would simply take a picture of the broken part or of the kit entirely to show a missing part and then email it in to us from one of your email receipts. We immediately try to ship replacement parts out to you "no charge". If it's warranty then we give you an RMA# to ship the part back to us. We cannot answer every incoming phone call or email as we are a small growing coming but we try. We also take pride in our customer service and in the quality of our products. Please come back to the site and right a review about the product and customer service.

upshifter - You may want to upgrade your clutch or if you have a defective part call us for an RMA# - Monday through Friday 9:30am-5:30pm PST at 818-782-2227.

A few notes on your comparison:

> We don't offer a 50cc so we can't compare apples to apples with Power King.

> We offer 48cc/49cc/66cc which is our 80cc.

> All of our products are EPA approved and certified and only our 49cc comes with a chrome exhaust, their 80cc kit with a chrome exhaust is not.

> On every product page of our website we offer a price match offer which we will match any other product's pricing. This includes shipping also.

> Like Power King our customer service is very nice and we also replace and send out missing parts.

lordoflightaz - Don Grubee is right, we are a multi-channel company and one of our largest divisions is GasBike.net.

Don Grubee also corrected most of our product pages descriptions so they will now be accurate.

We stand behind our products more that the manufacturer of the product so yes, you are covered for six (6) months from the date of purchase even if the makers don't support us, we extended it anyway . His 3 months/90 day warranty was too short and we felt his superior craftsmanship and motors should also be covered for 6 months also.

Your replacement parts (chain guard & muffler) are being shipped out "no charge" after you sent pictures showing us the damage.

The coupon we created is good for one year.

Team Gas Bike

How nice of GasBike to reply.

I have a coupon they created provided I order something. The amount of the coupon is not specified in their email so I can only hope that it will be remembered as to an amount when new people are there. I must spend money to take advantage of the coupon not just redeem it. Every day I get at least one email confirming that they have shipped the replacement parts. Every day I check my doorstep for said parts. I can't check with FedEx as the only tracking number I have is for the original order.

As I stated above The product description for the kit I ordered is wrong. Don Grubee did not correct the errors that was left up to GasBikes e-commerce manager, his name is John, probably the same John I had the opportunity to speak with regarding my order. There was one correction made to the product description. Mr Grubee listed 7 more not counting the warranty that GasBike is going to extend to 6 months. I just looked and many of the errors in description were not corrected. Only those related to my order seem to have been adjusted.

As to complete instructions, there are none listed as to install the pedal crank and sprocket.

A week and 2 days has gone by since the supposed shipment of my replacement parts and still I don't have them.

The pedal crankshaft, sprocket, and arms do not fit together securely. Maybe I did it wrong, who knows I have no instructions. I drilled and tapped the sprocket with an allen screw to to secure the sprocket to the shaft. I have a bottom bracket tool by Avenir, for my Shimano style BB, but it will not work with the long shaft. I had to use differnt BB to do the install. If I can find wider pedal arms, I may go back to the original shaft or the slightly longer one that is used on a SBP shift kit.

As I see it you can send me a 45 degree angle chrome top end and a chain guard on your dime. In return I will send back to you a damaged chain guard and the top end on my dime. I will figure out the safe and correct way to install the crank set. I will live with scratches on the muffler or you can credit my credit card $20 for me to replace the chain guard and get the top end I expected from someone else. I also wouldn't mind if you had a "Starfire" or "GasBike.net" decal I could put on the engine or bike somewhere.
Above excerpted from an email as options I offered after talking with someone at GasBike.

Put over a barrel by GasBike that I could ship back the motor with a 20% restocking fee and shipping costs ($70 net loss to me on $180 order) and their CFO would get around to crediting my account, I took their "deal."

Our company is eco-friendly and we use as little paper as needed and we ask that you please download and print your Installation Manual because it is not included with the shipment. ( Adobe Acrobat software is required for this file to work on your PC - Get it here ):

- 48cc 2 Stroke Motor Engine Kit (GRUBEE StarFire) - 12 Page Installation Manual Download Here
This was in their email to me with my order and did include a link to an installation manual. Said manual does not discuss procedures regarding starting with the centrifugal clutch. GasBike actually sends a photocopy of a manual that does in fact include information on the centrifugal clutch. So rather than eco friendly the reverse is true, but I guess that is a good thing since the enclose manual may have improved the packaging and less damage to parts happened.

I was going to wait until I got the replacement parts before posting a vendor review but I thought I best add now since GasBike respond.

Since I didn't want to void the warranty, be it 90 days or 6 months, I put the motor on my non SBP kit bike to break in the engine. If all goes well I will probably add the shift kit after break in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back