Anyone order from gasbike.net?

mountain80

Local time
9:46 AM
As the title states has anyone dealt with them? They seem to have a large selection of parts and reasonable prices, just wondering what they are like to deal with.

Cheers

lordoflightaz

We apologize you are very angry and upset but we are following company
policies outlined on two of our website pages:
> http://www.gasbike.net/returns-exchanges-credit.html

> http://www.gasbike.net/bicycle-motors-warranties.html

Putting our polices to the side we offered you three (3) options none of which you liked.

Your request for $20 credit was not met but the 2 parts are being shipped and the store credit was issued.

You did not read my full statement which stated:
Don Grubee also corrected most of our product pages descriptions so they will now be accurate.

Team Gas Bike

I am not angry or upset, just dissatified. The product sold was not the product described.

Mr. Grubee stated the following about your description of his product:

1. GruBee standard finish. No such thing. Finish comes in 3 choices from factory: Alum. Chrome and Black;
3. Heads are not chromed on a standard alum. finish engine.
5. magneto has no kill switch; Throttle handle does.
6. Sprocket is 44T Not 50T
14. StarFire Gt2- Head is center fire > Not the new 45 degree angle fire as found on StarFire Gen II.
15. Crankcase bearings are 202 > Not 203 The bigger 203 size is on StarFire GEN II and Gen II-A only.
17. Carb. is not improved design. Standard NT old design.
25. Factory warranty to end user is 90 days credited back to WD > Not 6 months.

So I am absolutely certain in regard to the product page in question, which I sent him, that he knew what was incorrect yet it was still incorrect today. Maybe he did not feel the need to tell you what was wrong again as I understand he has told you before.

On reading your warranty, I think you may want to revisit how it is worded, possibly not since it appears to turn the 6 months into 2 weeks.

You seem to have had the time and opportunity to post here yet I still have no tracking number for the replacement parts you shipped.

I am simply stating the facts. I responded to Mr. Grubee's email he may or may not want to share it with you.

So now I won't need to write a review in the forum. I can just link a referral to this thread. Plainly the words you put on your web pages are just there to take up space and do not describe the product you ship and a customer has to decide whether they will take what you sent or be penalized.

I really think I am going with BikeBerry now!!!

While I haven't ordered any kits from Bikeberry, I can say that I have recently ordered some Grubee kits (from various vendors) and can tell you that these kits (especially the Gen II's with steel cylinder liner and flange mount carbs) are superior to other engine kits. The GT-2 49cc kits are sourced from the YD factory, and the Gen II kits are sourced from the JL factory (aka NTJL). (please correct me if I'm wrong) While gasbike.net has apparently had some mis-information on their website, it looks like they are working with Mr. Grubee to correct the problem.

Happy Trails!

Power King often provides free shipping, and you can make offers. I bought a first rate classed as 50cc engine from them, their best model with the slanted spark plug, for $100.00 with free shipping. I paid an extra 5 dollars for insurance. That's right, $105.00 insured and delivered. The accessories are first rate, and I'm extremely pleased with their engines.

My first Power King was an 80cc rated, actually by American measurement methods a 66 cc engine, from them; and it was advertised as $119.00 with free shipping. A friend of mine has one of those models from PK and it made a great build.

I have no argument about the two GasBike engines, but I believe the PK is slightly better and with free shipping is cheaper. GasBike is a good company too; and I'll probably order from them again some time. Both companies have treated me well.

Just to follow up.

I was getting an email everyday with the old tracking number. Today I got an email with a new tracking number. I checked on it and it was not in the FedEx system. Gasbike told me to check tomorrow. I didn't wait til tomorrow. Item was picked up from them at 5 today by FedEx

I checked their site today and the product description is still not corrected. Even though I cited the exact errors from Grubee.

So although they said they were sending the replacements the day we talked on the phone, in reality they were sending me an email every day to keep me thinking that they had shipped and I just thought they forgot to send the corrected tracking number.

They actually decided to ship them today.

I have to wonder if they ever would have shipped had I not expressed my dissatisfaction here.

I know I said I was not angry earlier, but now I am. I think that they have some shady operators and they lied about shipping Mar 13.

On a side note, I don't think I would order a sky puppet from them either. I noticed on the engine box that it came from skypuppet.com/gasbike.net.

So decide for yourself whether you want to buy from them.

im not sure i like reading this thread...its pretty bad for both sides. if gasbike has the part, they would need to clean up their act, as to sell them.

and Lordoflightaz, wanting the part so bad is making you bashfull, you speak of truths that make me scared for some reason.

lets try to find a resolve, agreement.

I see nothing wrong with expecting what you were led to believe you were buying !
I guess when you are competing for nickels n dimes from other vendors, you try to cut every corner you can :(
showing me an apple and shipping an orange just ain't right
I agree with l.o.f. that they probably wouldn't have resolved it as such (ie: shipped him his parts), if it weren't for this public forum

I like Power King, because they've been consistently fair, honest, friendly, and competent.

With both my PK kits, I found no bent fins, jagged castings, poor fit, or bad finish. To my knowledge, no one sells for less and has better quality.

I have resolved my issue. I just won't buy things from GasBike.Net I recommend that people do not buy from GasBike.Net.

The box that they shipped the replacement parts was damaged, before shipping. (The things you learn working for a distributor or delivery/shipping company, LOL)

Someone put a fire under someone cause I just checked and the description is now correct. The linked manual still does not cover starting with an automatic clutch or how to install crank arms/ sprocket.

I don't know what Spookytooth shipped me when I bought my first engine, its not a Starfire or Skyhawk, but it is the best looking engine of the 3 I have. It is not what they sell now.

My current response when people ask where I got the engine is "The Internet" and refer them to both motoredbikes.com and motorbicycling.com to find a vendor. I alway mention Sick Bike Parts, if I am on the Blue Bike.

If there is a bike 5 I will have to find someone to buy from.

Back