Anyone review this GasBike fork?

Looks good to me.

Personally, I prefer the old style 1" threaded forks. You can find bearings and races easily and they are easy to dial in.

I've had some difficulties with slippage of the star nut in motorized applications.

Looks good to me.

Personally, I prefer the old style 1" threaded forks. You can find bearings and races easily and they are easy to dial in.

I've had some difficulties with slippage of the star nut in motorized applications.

Well, this is for a GT2 frame that doesn't have threads and I already have a headset with sealed bearings. This looked like a good deal for an air suspension fork but I was just wondering what kind of quality it is.

I doubt it's an air fork....air forks have a valve on the lower portion of the fork tube to fill with x amount of air pressure.

That's a $30 fork at best with a $40 mark up.

To me it looks like any other lower quality spring type fork...small steerer tube and stanchions and most likely very heavy.

An entry level air fork starts in the $175 to $200 range and the best among those would be the SR Suntour model...super light with replaceable cartridges when needed...I think RockShoks has a 30mm stanchion air fork under $200...Stantions are the tubes that slide down into the fork ..bigger the more sturdy and stable..28mm is standard size...32mm is awesome like the Suntour forks use but super lightweight as the steerer tube is aluminum.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-SR-Sunto...Lockout-MTB-Suspension-Fork-9mm-/231189597607

If you want a decent budget spring fork try the SR Suntour XCR model.

This is best deal going on eBay for an XCR but says last one
https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SR-Suntour-XCR-MTB-Bike-Fork-26-1-1-8-Dia-32-100mm-Disc-Manual-Black/272180839357?_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=49488&meid=866980bca99e4aa1a4c5428d1b131996&pid=100891&rk=6&rkt=12&mehot=lo&sd=301795133425&_trksid=p2056116.c100891.m5206

If you only want to spend around $60 to $70, the Suntour XCT or XCM would be a better choice over the gas bike offering.

I've personally used both the XCT and the Epicon forks in mountain biking and both worked well for their intended usage.

The XCT is essentially an entry level fork...only has pre load adjustment and a manual lock out...Most all spring forks will soften after a bit of use but it did fairly well on more civilized mountain bike trails and on the pavement.

The Epicon XC is much more refined with adjustment and feels alot more plush on both off and on road and is a considerable amount lighter which is a good thing...For around $200 it's a great budget air fork.

Don't forget to pick up a shock pump if you go with the Epicon XC or any air fork for that matter.

Check eBay for used forks as well...some great deals there for high quality forks..I'm looking at some of the Fox Float 32 forks myself to use on my project when I'm ready for the bike build.

Last edited:
I doubt it's an air fork....air forks have a valve on the lower portion of the fork tube to fill with x amount of air pressure.

That's a $30 fork at best with a $40 mark up.

To me it looks like any other lower quality spring type fork...small steerer tube and stanchions and most likely very heavy.

An entry level air fork starts in the $175 to $200 range and the best among those would be the SR Suntour model...super light with replaceable cartridges when needed...I think RockShoks has a 30mm stanchion air fork under $200...Stantions are the tubes that slide down into the fork ..bigger the more sturdy and stable..28mm is standard size...32mm is awesome like the Suntour forks use but super lightweight as the steerer tube is aluminum.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-SR-Sunto...Lockout-MTB-Suspension-Fork-9mm-/231189597607

If you want a decent budget spring fork try the SR Suntour XCR model.

This is best deal going on eBay for an XCR but says last one
https://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SR-Suntour-XCR-MTB-Bike-Fork-26-1-1-8-Dia-32-100mm-Disc-Manual-Black/272180839357?_trkparms=aid=444000&algo=SOI.DEFAULT&ao=1&asc=49488&meid=866980bca99e4aa1a4c5428d1b131996&pid=100891&rk=6&rkt=12&mehot=lo&sd=301795133425&_trksid=p2056116.c100891.m5206

If you only want to spend around $60 to $70, the Suntour XCT or XCM would be a better choice over the gas bike offering.

I've personally used both the XCT and the Epicon forks in mountain biking and both worked well for their intended usage.

The XCT is essentially an entry level fork...only has pre load adjustment and a manual lock out...Most all spring forks will soften after a bit of use but it did fairly well on more civilized mountain bike trails and on the pavement.

The Epicon XC is much more refined with adjustment and feels alot more plush on both off and on road and is a considerable amount lighter which is a good thing...For around $200 it's a great budget air fork.

Don't forget to pick up a shock pump if you go with the Epicon XC or any air fork for that matter.

Check eBay for used forks as well...some great deals there for high quality forks..I'm looking at some of the Fox Float 32 forks myself to use on my project when I'm ready for the bike build.

Thank you for your advice. It did seem a little unreal to offer an air suspension fork for $69. It seems fraudulent to call it an "Air suspension fork" when it doesn't use air and uses springs instead. I need one with disc brake mounts and it's got to be for a 26" wheel, not threaded but it doesn't have to be the best shock made but suitable for a fast bike with a good pipe and a 4 peddle reed valve mostly driven on streets or pretty flat dirt roads. I will check out the ones you linked for me as well as check craigslist or a good cheap used one. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!

Thank you for your advice. It did seem a little unreal to offer an air suspension fork for $69. It seems fraudulent to call it an "Air suspension fork" when it doesn't use air and uses springs instead. I need one with disc brake mounts and it's got to be for a 26" wheel, not threaded but it doesn't have to be the best shock made but suitable for a fast bike with a good pipe and a 4 peddle reed valve mostly driven on streets or pretty flat dirt roads. I will check out the ones you linked for me as well as check craigslist or a good cheap used one. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge!
No problem at all...I didn't see a valve on the shock in any of the pics and like you say for the money sounds odd.

In general if you go with an air or spring fork get one from a name brand company for a little more...quality standards are likely better in general and your safety needs to be taken it account as well.

I used SR Suntour but there are quite a bit of good forks to be gotten by different manufacturers.

Here's a list of some name brands to check out..new or used..any of these even in a cheaper price range would be a better choice than what these retail motor bike shops are offering.

Beware of anything that says tapered...they are referring to the head tube and your set up isn't for a tapered tube and be aware of head tube length if it's a used fork...some cut off alot to fit them and may be too short for what you need to fit to your height...hit me up if you find something you like before you pull the trigger on it.

Fox
Rockshox
SR Suntour
Marzocchi
Manitou

Back